Important information on our new focus on these forums and the temporary removal of feature requests
Something we've been wanting to do for a while as a company is wean off our reliance on Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with our community.
Though we will continue to use Facebook, we will be reducing the time spent on it and making some major changes outside of it.
The reason that we enjoy spending more time on Facebook than our own forums, is that through our moderation we kept people from constantly making requests and derailing conversation. This has led to the Facebook groups being a much healthier and supportive place for general discussion about the Deluge, and we wish the same for our own forums.
To make this happen, we'll be implementing a few major changes.
1. We'll be archiving the "feature requests" forum and removing all discussion related to feature requests for the next 12 months.
We already have a firm plan in place for development for the next couple of software updates, we'll re-instigate this forum and invite user input once more after then.
2. We'll be moving our beta-testing off of Facebook to our official forums.
We will be requiring evidence of Deluge ownership to be able to take part in that new program.
If you wish to be a beta tester on our official forums, you will need to verify identity this way:
Send Deanne an email (Deanne.email@example.com) with
1) Your Synthstrom forum username (not FB)
2) email address you signed up to the forums with
3) a photo of your Deluge along with a piece of paper with your forum username written down on it.
3. We'll be placing renewed focus on our support through the forums with a new 'Help' category, where we have advanced Deluge users organised to respond to any questions, basic to advanced within 24 hours - or they will escalate to our attention
4. Rohan, Ian and other members of the Synthstrom crew will be much more active than previous.
This isn't us saying goodbye to Facebook, we know for many that it's the most convenient way for you to keep in touch with us, this is simply a new commitment to our own forum community.