Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Silent Parameter Locks

Comments

j3threejayj3threejay USAPosts: 34

Any thoughts or feedback more than appreciated.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

Thank you for sharing your trick 🌻
    I was suggessting another feature here http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/9082/#Comment_9082 if we could get an additional "track" that you can hide or make visible, where all the automation is visible and where you can edit the selected effect, filter, or other automation you have currently selected. I think that would help you as well.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

This could look like this
    The blue lined row is the automation column and the mute button indicates with the e.g. blue color, that it is the automation track

This could be done in song and arranger view.

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Nice trick! Thanks for sharing.

@OnoSendai said:
    This could look like this
    The blue lined row is the automation column and the mute button indicates with the e.g. blue color, that it is the automation track

This could be done in song and arranger view.

This is a great idea! Then once you open that automation track you could have a waveform like view of the automation envelope.

@j3threejay said:
    hen once you open that automation track you could have a waveform like view of the automation envelope.

Exactly. This would be awesome. Creating a automation track could be done via LEARN+MUTE button of that track.

You could scroll up and down as well zoom vertically to set every parameter. Like this (there should be an indicator where the zero line is. Mabye a greyed white line in the middle of the pad display?)

And for every Effect, Filter or whatever you get another automation track. When you keep holding down your finger on a track the effect name flashes in the display .. or on the whole pad ;)

You can mute every single automation, or you can mute all automations e.g. by pressing the mute and the audition pad of one of the automation tracks. Maybe choose another color for the mute, so you can see easily in hectic situations that you are operating on automation tracks

Oh great thank you for cross linking it. I didn't see that yet.🌻

Another version of displaying the automation track with a "zero line"

edited June 2019

Not on the picture ....
    Hmm maybe we don't use the top line for displaying the automation data and use it for displaying where the note is. Just for orientation reasons. If you press on that note, you here you hear it, with the right pitch. Maybe a yellow dimmed line with a darker color like blue or something

You should also be able to start your song/arrangement with ◄ ► + PLAY from the position that is chosen on the right side. Same like in the arranger view.
    And there should be a function to loop the actual screen, so you can listen and adjust the values.

The bottom line could be an indicator and a quick switch to switch to the other automation tracks?

Using a top and a bottom yellow line would help to orientate where you actually are, with the additional functions.

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

v3 screen looks very nice

hmm, i dont see a new track type for instrument automation. if i record cutoff for a synth i want to keep that automation associated with that clip. would be cool to mute and unmute single automation directly in Song view but it would clutter up the screen massively and complicated to remember which automation fits to which track. i have songs that already almost fill up Song view.
    however, a new track type for global effect automation would be very cool i think. similar to Electron.
    so i can for example step edit a cutoff sweep of the global cutoff.
    another thing that would be very useful for automation view is a slide function that i can edit per step. would be cool for notes too.

The automation tracks wouldn't be visible all the time. It's just when you activate it, then you see all automation tracks for ONE note track.. If you activate another note tracss automation tracks, then you see only those automation tracks and the previous automation tracks are hidden..

@Ian_Jorgensen Thanks for the plug in the newsletter yesterday!

Another Idea for Song View and Arranger View. Only show one automation track per line and the effect you want to change depends on the effect you select with the knobs, menu or shortcuts.

If you already opened the automation track it changes as well to the automation depending which effect or filter you are choosing from the knobs, menu or shortcuts.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@OdoSendaidokai said:
    The automation tracks wouldn't be visible all the time. It's just when you activate it, then you see all automation tracks for ONE note track.. If you activate another note tracss automation tracks, then you see only those automation tracks and the previous automation tracks are hidden..

+1

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

On the original topic of silent parameter locks: I see at least 3 ways to do this. (Just got a Deluge last week, so sorry if this is old news.)

1) Like in video: enter notes with 0 velocity, put automation in them.
    2) As suggested in Reddit thread and somewhere else: enter notes, automate, delete notes. Automation remains.

But what I like is

3) If it's a synth, just pick any note that you're not using, enable those steps, record automation there, and then mute the entire note row using the mute/launch button.

This gives you a visual key for where/when the parameter changes are, and if it's the only muted row in the clip, you can see which row it is b/c it's the only yellow one.

I was just playing around with this, and it's really fun. The only way to mute the automation is to clear it, or just make a clone track without it, I guess.