Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Step automation view / automation drawing (track long envelope drawing).

PhilPhil Montréal, Québec, canada

Hold some button turn the track or song view into a parameter view per step.
Each step is a column of different height showing current selected parameter level for each step.
Step value can be entered per step or automation between 2 step created by holding 2 different step filling the space between with a gradiant of value.
Horizontal zoom level is active and can be changed.

In this view, each button of the audition column show and bring to a different parameter automated for this track.
The mute column turn on/off the respective parameter automation.

Tracks and song has their own automation view.

Post edited by Phil on

Comments

I can’t believe nobody is interested in this. I am not being clear? I hope so.
    How one wouldn’t be interested in using their 16x8 grid of button to draw music.
    Come on.
    Pretty sure Rohan and his team are reading all post regardless of their popularity and will go with the best ideas.
    I would assume that they had thoses ideas way before we did.
    Cheers.

I think I understand what you mean. Are you saying draw parameter values per step horizontally? If so, what would each button represent in numerical value? 100% divided by 8 buttons? Zoom in to get finer resolution?

jbone1313jbone1313 Tucson, Arizona, USA

Yeah - great idea here.

Took me a few times to understand what you meant.

@llexam - He is saying that - I think. And, he’s also saying each step would represent the level of the automation for that step. So, say on step four, you might have the first four pads light up (vertically) to represent 50% of that parameter value at that step. If you press the 8th row at that step, it would be 100%, and all rows beneath would be lit up. Great stuff.

JscottkJscottk Seattle
    edited June 14

+1, completely agree

Post edited by Jscottk on

@jbone1313 I see. This is truly a great idea.

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usa

That would be pretty awesome, actually.

alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

trouble is this has been suggested before. i suggested it too. this suggestion forum is SNAFU. and most snowflakes would rather upvote according to your popularity LOL groupthink :D

+1

@llexam said:
    I think I understand what you mean. Are you saying draw parameter values per step horizontally? If so, what would each button represent in numerical value? 100% divided by 8 buttons? Zoom in to get finer resolution?

Yeah, that is pretty much it.

@jbone1313 said:
    Yeah - great idea here.

Took me a few times to understand what you meant.

@llexam - He is saying that - I think. And, he’s also saying each step would represent the level of the automation for that step. So, say on step four, you might have the first four pads light up (vertically) to represent 50% of that parameter value at that step. If you press the 8th row at that step, it would be 100%, and all rows beneath would be lit up. Great stuff.

Exactly!

@alien_brain said:
    trouble is this has been suggested before. i suggested it too. this suggestion forum is SNAFU. and most snowflakes would rather upvote according to your popularity LOL groupthink :D

+1

All in the hands of the developper in the end. Good news that it has been brought before, votes are overrated.
    Peace 😎

alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

they did say upvotes are not the deciding factor

The parameters ramp up or down by drawing a line between 2 steps of different value could allow some cool automation effects.
    It is basically drawing an enveloppe for a parameter. SICK!!!

How come a feature to visualize and draw automation on a grid is not sparking a deluge of enthousiasm among users?!?!

Come ooon!!!

edited June 14

Accessing automation view could be done by pushing twice on one of the 8 parameter button making it blink. Pushing once on an other parameter would keep automation view but show this last one.
    Turning one gold nob would switch to its parameter view.
    On the grid, holding one of the pad + turning parameter knob would edit this step value allowing more precision than the 8 vertical pad. Values that are between 2 pads could be shown by brigthness variation of the last vertical pad of the colomn ( just like the 4 leds next to gold knobs).

Post edited by Phil on

For me, the deluge concept and harware is just calling for this automation drawing feature.
    I’d really like to hear what @Rohan and @Ian_Jorgensen think of this idea.