Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

arrangerview/songview question

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

Hello,
when switching from arrangerview to songview, the Deluge is not looping by default, you have to press one of the launch pads first. This is quite a handicap for live performing. When you forget to press a launch pad the Deluge stops after playing one round. Why this launch pad thing to set the Deluge in loop mode when he is still in songview? Makes no sense for me.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

It's so you won't jump out of the arranger playback flow even tho you go to Song view to make some changes or whatever, and can return without getting stuck in the loop, unless you want to.
    The mute/ launch pads are dimmed to indicate this, and light up when you enter Song view looping :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Yeah, good question. Arranger mode should be more useful for live performances. Reminds me of http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/74/loop-screen-cycle-region#latest

At first I also expected you get back to song mode and the sections active in arranger mode continue to play in usual loop mode.
    As I understand it, going back to song view doesn't leave arranger mode yet. Only after launching a section in song view you really are back in song mode.

Don't know how it should work. One problem are white instances (exclusive to arranger mode).

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Like I said, the mute/ launch pads are dimmed to indicate that song view is not active yet when coming from the arranger, and pressing any of them will activate it immediately.

If you want to bring a white instance into song view and make it visible in the list, simply hold one of the grid pads of the white instance track in arranger and press the Song button.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

@lcoutisc
    I know that the pads are dimmed to indicate that the song view is not active - but thats neither the problem nor an answer to my question. Why making it so complicate for live performing? Live needs as less klicks and actions as possible. For me the Deluge is a live performing tool. When I want to arrange Songs I use a software sequencer.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Stromer said:
    For me the Deluge is a live performing tool. When I want to arrange Songs I use a software sequencer.

Yeah, it is not about arranger mode while composing. Works for me, creating white instances and being able to transform them into tracks is well done.
    It is about what you do what you can do in a live performance when playing back in arranger mode. An important use case is for me to make a part longer than programmed in arranger mode. I can do that in song mode so I dont see using arranger mode for live performing. And as Stromer said Deluge really should capitalize on live performance features as I rather export all tracks to a DAW and do the final arrangement there than doing that on the Deluge.
    2 possible ways, guess both are rather difficult to implement.

So, the first solution is what this suggestion is about, imho. Still unsure how it could be implemented, could get crazy complicated with white instances. Maybe just leave em aside. Hard to say for me.