Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New OLED display

124»

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

I'm wholly supportive of this development, but I'll stick with the red LEDs thanks. I like my hardware to keep me in a sonic and haptic environment/headspace and I'm at the point where my fingers land on the shortcuts without looking 90% of the time.

I can see the convenience for file management, but for me there's too big a risk of me fixating on the screen and being taken into a headspace that doesn't work for me. The simple LEDs were part of what made me sell my Elektron gear to get my Deluge.

I'm pleased that his development is being so well received by the Deluge community though. No doubt it will help most people's workflow.

sparkysparky California USABeta Tester Posts: 4

Wow. Retro-fit! You guys are awesome!

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@Alder_Dice I feel similar to you but I think I'm still gonna go with the upgrade: file management, resale value, and potential FW updates that utilize the screen more.
    I'm content with the red LEDs except for the way that they scroll - with the OLED, I can have longer file/synth/song names without that annoying scrollback

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

Yeah got the Deuluge back.

I knew that life was gonna be easier with this but I never realized just how much it would ease up content browsing. Now the folder-system works and preset/song management is SO much easier. I found a lot of songs that I had forgotten about :D

Kinda miss the number display a bit but not really that much...

Made a video about this, though it just failed horribly since I was so exticed about this that couldn't form any understandable sentences :smiley:

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@Bolgani said:

Made a video about this,

I saw this. Good vid. What looks odd in the display, is that it says 'loading' all the time when switching samples (around 5:30). This would really get on my nervs when checking some samples, coz you know it's loading already and don't need to be told so.

BolganiBolgani SuomiPosts: 61

@djAzid said:

@Bolgani said:

Made a video about this,

I saw this. Good vid. What looks odd in the display, is that it says 'loading' all the time when switching samples (around 5:30). This would really get on my nervs when checking some samples, coz you know it's loading already and don't need to be told so.

Yeah, there I'm browsing some kits with huge samples and it takes a moment to load them. Same with some sample based synths, I have a collection of sampled basses (the 4-string kind) and a Rhodes and Wurlizer and they also do that.

And yes, that dialog could probably be positioned better. Small tweaks, small tweaks....