β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New OLED display

Comments

1heUndertaker1heUndertaker UKBeta Tester Posts: 24

@richardjneo said:
    Out of stock? Did I miss it already? πŸ₯Ή

Please read the page information here - https://synthstrom.com/product/oled-retrofit-deposit/
    It says "We will start accepting deposits from 3pm, Sept 10th, EDT (GMT-4) This will appear β€˜out of stock’ till then."

So you have to wait for the time as stated :)

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Is it possible to combine a refresh service with the display update when sending it in to a European / UK repair shop?

no_barcodeno_barcode United StatesPosts: 9
    edited September 2022

@richardjneo said:
    Out of stock? Did I miss it already? πŸ₯Ή

No, I don't think you did. It says the following on the page where you can put your deposit down on the retrofit:

We will start accepting deposits from 3pm, Sept 10th, EDT (GMT-4)
    This will appear β€˜out of stock’ till then.

:)

Oops, I didn't see that @1heUndertaker already replied.

Post edited by no_barcode on
    TomSTomS Santa MonicaPosts: 4

I always imagined someone would create a hack using a phone as an external lcd screen for the deluge…. But this small little oled screen is even better since it’s integrated. Thank you Synthstrom.

samforcesamforce United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 40

It is 3 mins till we are supposed to be able to order the screen update and we have crashed the website with all the traffic! Good response it seems and good luck to all!

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

Crazy, man. Bad Gateway when trying to connect to the main site and the OLED upgrade, but I can get in here directly. Fun stuff!

no_barcodeno_barcode United StatesPosts: 9

@samforce said:
    It is 3 mins till we are supposed to be able to order the screen update and we have crashed the website with all the traffic! Good response it seems and good luck to all!

[reload]
    [reload]...
    [reload]
    [reload][reload]
    [reload]...
    [reload][reload][reload][reload]

rogerroger Baltimore, MDPosts: 8

slashdot slashdot

alex_reidalex_reid Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 3

Poor website is taking a beating! Reload...

Well, I already felt it will be painful, here we go :(

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

lol. can't even login myself. The webhost is working on it. haha, we're not gonna run out of OLEDs everyone. Don't panic :)

British here, I think it's just the thought of getting in at the beginning of a queue ;)

edited September 2022

No panic here. (refresh) Nope. (refresh) Not at (refresh)all. I (refresh) am (refresh) calm, (refresh)(refresh) cool, (refresh)(refresh)(refresh), and collected. (refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)(refresh)
    ahem Sorry bout dat.

Post edited by EdR on
    SammySammy DurnessPosts: 10

Gotten onto the buy screen... https://synthstrom.com/product/oled-retrofit-deposit/ but still says out of stock?!?

@Sammy said:
    Gotten onto the buy screen... https://synthstrom.com/product/oled-retrofit-deposit/ but still says out of stock?!?

Still down for international, it seems.
    I blame Putin.
    Or Kim Jong Il.
    Or Theodore Roosevelt. Yeah, him.

devesinedevesine United StatesPosts: 1

me: Hello, good merchant, please show me your finest OLED retrofit deposit wares.
    synthstrom.com: 5̷̞͐0Μ΄Μ¨Μ›2̸̯͌ Μ·Μ’ΜΎbΜΈΜ Μ‰Γ€ΜΈΜ²ΜΏdΜ΅ΜΉΝ‹ ΜΆΜ£Ν’g̷̫̘aΜ·ΝšΜŽαΊ—Μ΄Μ’ΜeΜΆΜ™Μ―wΜΈΝšΜ‹αΈΜ΅Μ’Μ€Γ½Μ΄ΝšΝš
    me: I didn't quite catch that, could you say that again?
    synthstrom.com: 𝟝𝟘𝟚 𝕓𝕒𝕕 π•˜π•’π•₯𝕖𝕨𝕒π•ͺ
    me: shaking water out of my ear I'm terribly sorry, I'm having the very devil of a time understanding--
    synthstrom.com: (っ◔◑◔)っ β™₯ 502 bad gateway β™₯
    me: ...I'll just come back later, shall I

me, leaning back around the stall post: could you just, like, let me know--
    synthstrom.com: 𝕰𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗 503 π•­π–†π–ˆπ–π–Šπ–“π–‰ π–‹π–Šπ–™π–ˆπ– π–‹π–†π–Žπ–‘π–Šπ–‰
    me: you know what, never mind
    synthstrom.com, eyes rolled all the way back: β“–β“€β“‘β“€ β“œβ“”β““β“˜β“£β“β“£β“˜β“žβ“

(I'm really excited for the OLED retrofit. Hugops to the webhost for dealing with the fact that so many of us are also excited.)

@Sammy said:

Seeing as we crashed it before 3, I assume they haven't been able to log in to update it πŸ˜…

[ insert exploding-head emoji here ]

can we just reserve a spot here? page isn't working.

Haha, or we could just wait :P

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    lol. can't even login myself. The webhost is working on it. haha, we're not gonna run out of OLEDs everyone. Don't panic :)

to be honest I even put a reminder in my calendar like for a medical appointment :D

KillertomatoKillertomato berlinBeta Tester Posts: 12

I knew this would happen hahaha. I understand the idea of trying to be fair but I guess it wouldn't have hurt the servers to not point all people to an exact time and make them crash the website and instead just let the retrofit option go online quietly :smile:

Well, poop. I know it'll happen. I just hope the timing works out.
    '

Whoa, loaded as out of stock for a second there

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35

omg, no chance. This website was down for an hour for me. I guess that's it? No retrofit spot left? :'( :'( :'(

Well, the GOOD news is that I have some time to find the right packing materials, since I don't have the original shipping stuff.

Haha, no I'm sure it's just that they haven't had a chance to update the website yet. I'm sure there's plenty available :)

@janbert said:
    omg, no chance. This website was down for an hour for me. I guess that's it? No retrofit spot left? :'( :'( :'(

No, you'll be fine. They won't run out of upgrades. It's just a time lottery now, is all. First in, first out, sort of thing.

Congrats for getting the page loading again πŸ˜„

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Ok. Back to the drawing board. This plan didn't work.

Even if I manage to get back in, I'm not going to take sales from today for it as unfair to those who tried already.

We're not even doing these till November, so we'll take a few days to work out how to get this queue working better.

I'm sorry to everyone who set alarms and has done irreparable damage to their refresh finger.

We'll make an announcement of a new roll out, and try to cause less panic next time, cos there is no need to panic.

We'll be offering this service for the foreseeable, just obviously we know many are going to want as soon as possible. I will structure a better system with more explanation of the various processes.