Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Help - "CARD" Message while browsing Synth Patches

N3roN3ro SwitzerlandPosts: 10

Hi,
I've copied some new synth patches (board of Deluge 5) to the Synth folder.
Then I tried to select them on the Deluge, but while scrolling through my Synth patches it says "CARD" on the display as soon I reach one of the new patches. The old ones still work.
Did not find anything about this anywhere, is there someone here which can help me?

Tagged:

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604
    edited May 2022

i know that boards of deluge 5 contains some patches with either multisamples or samples incorporated in them. i believe a FILE error would appear if those files were misplaced (in a different folder than the XML files point to) or maybe the samples used were simply not added when adding the preset pack in to the SD card.

however, since this is a CARD error, something else might be afoot if you're certain the previous issue is not the culprit: maybe there are some hidden files that were added unintentionally when transferring over the BOD5 patches? if you're using an apple computer it may have populated BOD5 related folders with .DS_store files. i would make sure to search for those and delete them off the SD card.

lastly, if neither of those help, maybe attempt to reupload the BOD5 pack to the SD card, maybe the files were not copied properly the first time. you could also try reinserting the SD card too.

Post edited by reza on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Sometimes you'll get the 'card' message when the contacts from the reader in the deluge don't make good contact w/ the card, you might wanna get the card out and in a few times.

Thanks for your answers, will try that as soon I get home and will report back!

Hey guys, so I've copied the files again (including the necessary sample folder), checked for hidden .DS_store files, reinserted the card and checked the contacts, I still have the "CARD" message as soon I try to select one of the new patches. It's only for the new patches, so maybe there is something wrong with the XML files, because it does not seem that the "CARD" message is a well known error.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

hmm, can you confirm that the XML file's sample path is the same as where you placed the sample?

Retroboy_64Retroboy_64 Czech Republic, PraguePosts: 4

I had this when I had instruments from new version 4.0 in older firmware. I was downgrading so thats was why for me.

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

I am trying to migrate the contents of a card used in an OLED machine (songs, samples, synths, kits- just a straightforward drag-&-drop on my mac from one card to the other), to use in an up-to-date LED machine, & getting 'card' error messages. some individual samples will load, but no songs.
    are the XMLs formatted differently for machines that have OLEDs?
    the LED machine came to me 2nd hand, & so I am fighting the suspicion that the card reader is at fault. but the machine could read its own card before I (perhaps rashly) reformatted it to get rid of the previous user's work.

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

SOLVED- but needs confirming as a workable solution by the devs..

ok... I took a lead from what retroboy said.
    thinking for a while that I might have to re-save all my songs on the OLED machine with the 'gather samples' box ticked, I remembered that some of the synths wouldn't load either- the ones with multisamples. no way to set up the same save-with mechanism for these.
    in any case, this didn't work.

so I opened the xml in a text editor from one of the OLED songs, & compared it with one saved on the LED machine.
    the first two lines you see in any of the song or synth (& presumably kit too) xml files are:

firmwareVersion="4.1.3"
    earliestCompatibleFirmware="4.1.0-alpha"

for the OLED machine, &

firmwareVersion="4.0.1"
    earliestCompatibleFirmware="4.0.0"

in the LED machine.

I replaced the former with the latter in the xml files I wanted to load in the LED machine & it worked.
    now my OLED songs & multisample synths load on the LED machine & play fine.
    it's going to be laborious to change loads of them- maybe someone will write a script to automate it!