Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trackdelay for external midi hardware without midi clock

StepStep BerlinPosts: 4
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

My external synths (without Sequencers) have few internal Midi latency and I like to handle it. I just found a way, that i can shift the midi notes in very small steps forwards in high resolution. But that works just for all notes that are not at the beginning and it’s a little bit of pain and also to keep a good overview of all. It would be nice, if it gives something like a trackdelay for each single track, like that nudge option for midi clock. But maybe it gives that option and I didn’t found it until now?!

Post edited by Step on

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

i remember this from the manual, not sure if it's the solve but it may help:

▌ NUDGING MIDI SYNC ADJUSTMENTS
    1. Press (SCROLL◄►) + turn (TEMPO).
    2. Each Tempo control ‘click’ will adjust by one MIDI clock message / one
    96th note.
    • Deluge as follower: nudge Deluge’s MIDI clock .
    • Deluge as leader: nudge MIDI beat clock output to align external
    device.
    3. The display will indicate ‘nUdG’ - nudge, when making the adjustments.

Thanks for your answer, but this is just for the midi clock for external additional sequencers or synths, witch have internal sequencers.

A Solution could be a „Swing/nudge“ Option for every note in a track in a high Resolution like 2000th (like the Minimum Resolution from 6144th) in positive and negative direction.

hugohugo MontrealPosts: 2

I'm using the Deluge as the main sequencer - with a h/w synth and Maschine as followers.

Maschine plays the notes I program on the Deluge about 26ms late. I've tried having the Deluge send the clock, Deluge receive the clock - doesn't matter. The notes are played with a delay.

The nudge midi clock didn't work for me... To get the right timing, I had to nudge individual notes on the Deluge - which doesn't really scale if I have many notes in a track.

How does the nudge midi clock feature work ?

hugohugo MontrealPosts: 2

Well... what do you know... I have 26ms audio latency in Maschine. I guess that would explain it.

I mean not the clock delay between sync from different sequencers. I mean an internal delay for just one clip/track. The “nudge option” is for time delaying for sequencers.

TYDETYDE GermanyPosts: 16

Hi @Step
    I see what you're asking, that all tracks (excluding the MIDI out) start a few milliseconds later, making the MIDI controlled gear start a little earlier and in turn be in time with the Deluge. But my logical understanding is that the same could apply in reverse, if you shift the MIDI to start earlier then it's a lot less work than shifting all the other tracks.

Have you found a disadvantage to moving the MIDI tracks earlier? e.g. does it cut off the first note or something?

Sorry, I just want to find out exactly why you want to shift the other tracks rather than setting up MIDI latency settings. To my understanding @reza 's answer should be solving the problem you described.