Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trackdelay for external midi hardware without midi clock

StepStep BerlinPosts: 4
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

My external synths (without Sequencers) have few internal Midi latency and I like to handle it. I just found a way, that i can shift the midi notes in very small steps forwards in high resolution. But that works just for all notes that are not at the beginning and it’s a little bit of pain and also to keep a good overview of all. It would be nice, if it gives something like a trackdelay for each single track, like that nudge option for midi clock. But maybe it gives that option and I didn’t found it until now?!

Post edited by Step on

Answers

rezareza los angelesBeta Tester Posts: 348

i remember this from the manual, not sure if it's the solve but it may help:

▌ NUDGING MIDI SYNC ADJUSTMENTS
    1. Press (SCROLL◄►) + turn (TEMPO).
    2. Each Tempo control ‘click’ will adjust by one MIDI clock message / one
    96th note.
    • Deluge as follower: nudge Deluge’s MIDI clock .
    • Deluge as leader: nudge MIDI beat clock output to align external
    device.
    3. The display will indicate ‘nUdG’ - nudge, when making the adjustments.

Thanks for your answer, but this is just for the midi clock for external additional sequencers or synths, witch have internal sequencers.

A Solution could be a „Swing/nudge“ Option for every note in a track in a high Resolution like 2000th (like the Minimum Resolution from 6144th) in positive and negative direction.

hugohugo MontrealPosts: 2

I'm using the Deluge as the main sequencer - with a h/w synth and Maschine as followers.

Maschine plays the notes I program on the Deluge about 26ms late. I've tried having the Deluge send the clock, Deluge receive the clock - doesn't matter. The notes are played with a delay.

The nudge midi clock didn't work for me... To get the right timing, I had to nudge individual notes on the Deluge - which doesn't really scale if I have many notes in a track.

How does the nudge midi clock feature work ?

hugohugo MontrealPosts: 2

Well... what do you know... I have 26ms audio latency in Maschine. I guess that would explain it.

I mean not the clock delay between sync from different sequencers. I mean an internal delay for just one clip/track. The “nudge option” is for time delaying for sequencers.