Workflow: What do you put in your templates?
Hello Fellow Deluge People,
Having recently discovered the joys of a powered USB hub and connecting more than one MIDI controller to the Deluge, I now have a lot of questions about tips, tricks, and best practices when it comes to templates (and saving MIDI mappings).
I've read a bunch of disparate threads on MIDI mapping, and I've watched a few videos on templates, but I've yet to find something that pulls these themes together (if there is a good resources on this already, please point me there!).
So, my main question is: What do you tend to put in your default template or templates?
- Do you map several synth clip row presets to a keyboard controller in advance?
- Then, what MIDI-mappable parameters would you typically already have mapped for a synth clip?
- (And, is there a list somewhere of which parameter are mappable, and which aren't? Hitting a lot of "Can't" messages recently!)
- Might you go ahead and map the individual rows of a kit clip to have their levels controlled by some faders?
- Are there other parameters you'd typically like to have mapped in advanced for a kit's rows?
- What about clip row mutes/unmutes? Other useful "global" parameters like this that are mappable?
- Would you always have an audio clip row with monitoring ready to go for adding something live?
I have no doubt many of you have obsessed over these questions already and might have strong opinions or well-considered template approaches to share.
Many thanks in advance,