Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arm recording to get a “click in” before recording audio clips & loops?

sssetzsssetz USAPosts: 12
edited May 2021 in Deluge Help

Hey all,

First week user of Deluge here, I’ve been reading through these forums, the manual and YouTube tutorials while waiting for my Deluge to arrive this past week. Greatly excited to work alongside all of you to add to this amazing community of creators! To the question—->

I am extremely excited about the Deluge for its live looping/sampling features. I have figured out how to start a new SONG, add an AUDIO track, arm it for recording and then record. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to “arm” the track for recording. And by that I mean when I hit Play to record, it doesn’t record instantly but instead has a click in 1-2-3-4-Then record? I cant seem to find that currently in the manual. I have seen a couple YouTube videos (like this one starting at 33:49) where they have this feature active, but alas no luck for me.

Thanks!

Post edited by sssetz on

Comments

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

If you want to turn off the just press SHIFT and TAP TEMPO.

Page 264 in the manual.

If that is what you are asking.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If no other clips are unmuted the audio clip will work like a looping pedal. The Deluge will then determine the tempo based on the exact length of your recording.
    If you don’t want to use this feature just make sure another clip is unmuted. This can simply be a blank synth, kit, MIDI or CV clip.
    Also make sure count in is set to on in the settings menu. Then you should get the results you’re looking for.

sssetzsssetz USAPosts: 12

@ceetronic && @Too_Mere thank you, totally missed the system settings—only was around pg 150ish in the manual. Really appreciate the quick reply friends!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

You're welcome