Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Program change limit

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

Hi there, I have a Minilogue XD linked up to my Deluge via Midi. I am using patch number 208 on the XD, I would like to set it as a Program Change on the Deluge but it appears to be limited to 128, I can't get to patches on the XD beyond 128.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Should work.

Manual:
    The menu options, and their associated MIDI messages, are:
    BANK - sent as a MIDI bank select message (CC 0)
    SUB - sent as a MIDI sub-bank (sometimes known as bank LSB) message (CC 32)
    PGM - sent as a MIDI PGM change message.

MSB and LSB are used to access more than 128 presets via midi, the XD manual should explain how to use them to access each preset.

blinkingpenguinblinkingpenguin United StatesPosts: 11
    edited December 2020

Just for clarification, I believe BANK=MSB, SUB=LSB, and PGM=PC. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is new to me.

Also want to note that the Deluge is 1-indexed and that some portions of MIDI implementations may be 0-indexed. I was wondering why I couldn't get my System 8 to sync until I figured this out. This means that where the System 8 is calling for MSB: 85, LSB: 00, PC1-64, what the Deluge wants is Bank: 86, Sub: 1, PGM: 1-64 (the program seems to be 1-indexed on the System 8 as well for whatever reason).

Hope this is useful for future travelers troubleshooting their machines. :smiley:

Post edited by blinkingpenguin on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199
    edited December 2020

Every synth is different and handle program changes different, also shown in this clip https://youtu.be/klD4IBeOWVw?t=472

Post edited by djAzid on
    PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

Thank you all for your advice and comments, very useful