Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sample waveform visualization

2»

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited August 2018

@cypher79 You're missing the point; automation of start/ end points is a part of it. And it's THE number one top rated request (108 votes currently), along with setting of loop points, in the same post ;)

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@MK_0 said:
    There are many features Rohan started to implement, but then he stopped the development at a 50% level, and started with completely new features. Why? Why not finishing them? Just look to undo/redo: many parameters (especially the synth ones) can’t be undone, others can. There is no logic. Or look to copy/paste: you just can copy single event types, not everything. Really? Or the audio input, you can totally destroy the audio signal, but no simple audio in thrugh?

You know, when I twiddle a knob on any of my synths there's no 'undo' button, yet funnily enough I've never considered any of them 'unfinished' because of it.

You can copy/paste all note events, midi cc and automation. Not really sure what you're complaining about here.

You can get audio through via a simple workaround. Yes, it could be more straightforward but it takes about a minute to set up - less if you save a preset.

You should be happy with 2.1 anyway - looks like Rohan's not adding any new features at all - he's just taking steps to 'finish' the sampler! ;)

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

DVBDVB USAPosts: 48

@MK_0 said:

@DVB said:
    but I hope that Rohan eventually turns away from this "jack of all trades" approach & focus on a singular development path ... he just introduced this powerful Arranger mode so why not continue to refine that instead of veering into sound module territory?

Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to explain with this thread:

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1212/keep-an-eye-on-little-and-logical-issues-and-complete-functions

There are many features Rohan started to implement, but then he stopped the development at a 50% level, and started with completely new features. Why? Why not finishing them? Just look to undo/redo: many parameters (especially the synth ones) can’t be undone, others can. There is no logic. Or look to copy/paste: you just can copy single event types, not everything. Really? Or the audio input, you can totally destroy the audio signal, but no simple audio in thrugh?

These are just examples, of course the list is much longer.

Perhaps all these things will come in time. Alas, I just took possession of a Squarp Pyramid today, with some regret. I'd prefer to have less gear & there's no reason why many if not most of the features of the Pyramid can't be replicated on the Deluge but alas, they're not & I can't wait to see if Rohan will implement things like more featured MIDI & CV modulation/routing/FX or generative abilities. As you say, with some of these things he's already halfway there but I can't presume how easy it would be implement these features. I don't plan on selling the Deluge now & if it becomes more robust sequencer, the Pyramid may go later.

2.0 song arranger mode was great ... it took me an hour to track a song that previously took me half a day to trigger via section pads, etc (though I miss that live aspect of sequencing). But as arranger mode seems well suited to studio as much or more than live, it'd be nice if he worked toward making that more robust.

Since firmware 2.1 seems sampler-centric, I hope he takes it all the way ... sample waveform visualization, multi-sampling yes but also velocity layering (via 2 OSCs), recording count-in, live looper, start/end point modulation etc etc. And please, for the love of Pete, implement some sort of method to delete unwanted samples, bad takes, etc before we're staring at dozens of recXX files with no clue as to what's on them (or which songs use them).

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Icoustik said:
    automation of start/ end points is a part of it. And it's THE number one top rated request (108 votes currently), along with setting of loop points, in the same post ;)

wow, did i miss that in the video, or do u know more? :)
    would be the most exciting 2.1 feature for me, even more than wave display or multisample.
    if there is full modulation support (incl. fast LFOs) for start, end, loop start and loop end, it opens the door for wavetable and granular synthesis techniques.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@DVB said:

And please, for the love of Pete, implement some sort of method to delete unwanted samples, bad takes, etc before we're staring at dozens of recXX files with no clue as to what's on them (or which songs use them).

there are free 3rd party options for deluge file managers. sticky thread in the support section.

@amiga909 said:

@DVB said:

And please, for the love of Pete, implement some sort of method to delete unwanted samples, bad takes, etc before we're staring at dozens of recXX files with no clue as to what's on them (or which songs use them).

there are free 3rd party options for deluge file managers. sticky thread in the support section.

Thanks for the link. I've read in other forums that Rohan's apparently planning a collect all & save option for songs, which would be good enough for me.

@Icoustik said:
    @cypher79 You're missing the point; automation of start/ end points is a part of it. And it's THE number one top rated request (108 votes currently), along with setting of loop points, in the same post ;)

Are you part of the beta testing? Do you know if we'll be able to "play" the visualized waveform via touching the pads, a la Samplr? That would be freakin' awesome.

This discussion has been closed.