β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Wishlist

arczi79arczi79 AustraliaPosts: 4
edited June 2023 in General Discussion

Soon software for Deluge will be opened for the public and developers will start adding new features. I didn't find any topic with a wishlist of features you would like to see in Deluge.

My two small "wishes":

• added granular synthesis
  • added setup option to set how the feature of cleaning automation works (currently for the selected parameter you can clean automation only for a full track, I would like to have an option to clean automation of parameter only on the currently displayed view, not full track).
Post edited by arczi79 on

Comments

albuquerq_reuelalbuquerq_reuel BrasilPosts: 10
    edited June 2023
    • ableton live style clip launching (with something like follow actions)
    • ability to loop individual pages of clips (or multiple pages)
    • "mixer" section: e.g. every column is a track and the squares that make its height are used to the set the gain.
    • granular synth would be great too
    • maybe some mutable instruments emulations?
    • expanded mod matrix, with even more patchability?
    • BETTER EFFECTS, especially reverb, saturation and distortion

i want mostly to see where the community goes

Post edited by albuquerq_reuel on
    GliderGlider USBeta Tester Posts: 12

Cool suggestions all around! Definitely make sure to post these in the Deluge Suggestions category to make sure folks working on the open-source stuff can find them where they're expecting ideas like this: https://forums.synthstrom.com/categories/deluge-suggestions

auxoctauxoct United StatesPosts: 14

1.) A way to route individual clips to the headphone jack or the main outs separately! This would be use so useful in many ways. You could use the headphone jack as a proper stereo FX send by routing select tracks through external FX and back into the inputs. Or you could use it as a DJ style preview . This would be a game changer (especially FX loop).

2.) Generally better FX. I would love to see some big ambient reverbs and more usable Mod FX.

Delay_DudeDelay_Dude GermanyPosts: 16

Noise as a modulation source for the synths!!! plz.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@auxoct said:
    1.) A way to route individual clips to the headphone jack or the main outs separately! This would be use so useful in many ways. You could use the headphone jack as a proper stereo FX send by routing select tracks through external FX and back into the inputs. Or you could use it as a DJ style preview . This would be a game changer (especially FX loop).

2.) Generally better FX. I would love to see some big ambient reverbs and more usable Mod FX.

1.) hardware side not possible. There is only one DAC (audio Converter)

2.) of course, question is how cpu intensive better reverbs are.

auxoctauxoct United StatesPosts: 14

@jensg said:

@auxoct said:

1.) hardware side not possible. There is only one DAC (audio Converter)

2.) of course, question is how cpu intensive better reverbs are.

Ah, I thought that might be the case. Too bad. Looking forward to see what other folks come up with anyway!

Labyrinth_Of_SpiritsLabyrinth_Of_Spirits Washington Beta Tester Posts: 2

I looked at the open source code and understood 2% of it...so I am not sure what is possible and what isn't....but here is what I think would be cool!
    I like the Octatracks scene slider, and thought about a way for the Deluge to have it. What if, you have a section of the song, lets say 4 tracks (lets mark them as blue group) and then you duplicate the 4 tracks (lets mark them red group) and when duplicating you get an option that denotes the duplication linked to the scene knob (lets, for the example, make it the left most black knob (up and down knob) -- you then can make changes to the red group tracks, add bit crushing, delay, even change up the kit track sounds -- then once you have it like you want it, you can then use the scene knob while pressing one of the audition pads of the groups or any of the track on the group to let the knob know you are wanting it to act as a the scene knob, turning it will cross fade back to the blue group and then you can go back or mix them as you like. Essentially, blue and red group would be active at the same time, but the volume of one group would be linked to a volume crossfade. I think for performances, that would be really handy--especially for mixing into whole new song if desired
    I think there are a lot of hurdles in getting this to work --especially since you can't currently play two duplicated tracks at the same time...but I leave all that to the coders!

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

First and foremost I would like to see performance improvements.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@volsteh said:
    First and foremost I would like to see performance improvements.

Did you mean your own performance ??? ;)

SynthStudioSynthStudio Fort Collins, ColoradoPosts: 31

I'm going to add 3 things here... my 2 biggest pain points:
    1. https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/5189/mute-arranger-steps
    2. Song/Pattern stem export
    3. Export (drum)Kit rows as stems

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21

How about record changes of tempo? Either stepped or gradual. Could possibly record tempo knob adjustments in Arranger View… Would probably need an option to slew to smooth the changes?