Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI mapping from external device to affect all on a kit

Tricep3Tricep3 United KingdomPosts: 20

Hi all,

Basically I want to assign a pot/knob on a novation Launch control XL to an 'affect entire' parameter on a kit. Unless I'm being really thick I can't work out how to do this.

I am able to assign the pot/knob to parameters of one sound within a kit i.e. reverb on one snare in the kit. But what I want to do is assign that knob to reverb on the entire kit.

At the moment the only work around is to individually assign the one knob to the same parameter of each sound in the kit which takes ages and if I want to add an additional sound to that kit I then have to MIDI assign the knob to the new sound parameters. Not very fun to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

iFreilichtiFreilicht GermanyPosts: 39

What happens when you activate "Affect Entire" first and then use MIDI learn on the parameter knob?

I tried that with no success :( I had affect entire activated to try out the following things. Pressing the learn button while pressing a gold parameter knob copies the live recorded automation for that parameter so you can paste it to another parameter. If there is no live recorded automation then the display flashes 'none'. I tried turning a midi knob while holding both learn + gold knob but nothing happens.

If you press the learn button while turning a gold parameter knob and also turn a midi controller knob at the same time nothing happens.

Still haven't worked this out - any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

dont think its possible. u cant midi learn the affect entire effect chains, and u cant access them via modulation matrix.
    more midi learns have been mentioned a lot, also i wish i could modulate all effect chain params with lfo, envelopes, etc.
    related http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1323/more-or-even-all-paremeters-midi-controllable#latest