Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

jumping easily inside the timeline (arranger mode)

It would be very helpful if it would be possible to jump easily inside the timeline. You still can jump but each time you must first switch from arrange mode to songview, then from songview to song playback-mode by pressing a launch pad and finally back to arrange mode where you can set a jump-target on the timeline. This is way too awkward, especial when live performing.

Comments

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 36

+1

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

+1, I want to be able to press a pad in Arrangement view, to jump into that particular sequence in Song view.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@cypher79 You already can basically? Press Song button while in arranger, then press one of the dimmed mute/section buttons so they light up and Song view is activated.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

@Icoustik said:
    @cypher79 You already can basically? Press Song button while in arranger, then press one of the dimmed mute/section buttons so they light up and Song view is activated.

Yeah I know you can do that, but I meant without having to press the song button :)

StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

@Icoustik said:

You havn't read my post. I exactly wrote this. But its for live performing much to complicate - to many actions/clicks.

bbcTM4bbcTM4 日本Posts: 4

For jumping easily in arranger mode,
    I tried to use SPP (song position pointer) message from external device.

MIDI system real time message / Stop
    MIDI system common message / Song Position Pointer
    MIDI system real time message / Continue

But once Deluge recieve those message,
    it turns into Slave mode.

It can not play without receiving MIDI Clock.

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@Icoustik said:

Whilst useful, this is not the same as jumping to a specific section in the arranger. What you describe loops every region that is currently activated - not the same thing.

In a recent jam video I did I found myself having to keep doing exactly what @stromer describes. I wouldn't want to be doing this in a live situation.

It's also sometimes difficult to predict when the jump from 'section playback' back to 'arranger playback' will occur if you're cycling regions of different lengths.

I think the ability to set cycle regions in the arranger (click to jump between them either immediately or synced) would sort this as described in this thread. It would also solve a number of other issues like starting at a specific place in the arranger via midi sync and make composing longer regions considerably easier.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@muleskinner cypher79 didn't say "jump to a specific section in the arranger", he said he wanted to "press a pad in Arrangement view, to jump into that particular sequence in Song view."
    And what I said does exactly that.
    I wasn't talking about the rest of the stuff

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

@Icoustik said:
    @muleskinner cypher79 didn't say "jump to a specific section in the arranger", he said he wanted to "press a pad in Arrangement view, to jump into that particular sequence in Song view."
    And what I said does exactly that.

Apart from the 'jumping' ;)

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

six_waxsix_wax Posts: 38
    edited October 2018

Yes, if the desired behavior is: "Play from this location" in Arranger mode, you can scroll L/R to make the desired segment on the L, then press L/R knob and hit Play button.

[Awesomely, this actually will start playing long samples that had been triggered previously from the correct spot within the sample! Brilliant! Go Ian/Rohan!]

However, I don't know of a "jump (while playing) to this location" in the Arranger, which would be handy.

Post edited by six_wax on
    StromerStromer GermanyPosts: 55

Jumping "while playing" is the important thing for live performing. Thats not possible yet without getting nodes in your fingers.

PeKoPeKo United StatesPosts: 1

Great! I was looking for this answer. Thank you.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Agree, I suggested this idea which would allow for this amongst many other things http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/3074/master-track-in-arranger#latest