Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multisample KIT Creator. Now you can import large KONTAKT instruments or other sample libraries.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161

Hello

Here is the first version of my DELUGE KIT GENERATOR.
https://fyyyyy.github.io/deluge-kit-generator/index.html

First, you need a bunch of .wav samples that you want to use.

This video explains how to export your KONTAKT libraries as .wav files. Then you can drag those wav files to your SDcard /SAMPLES folder.

I've created a video tutorial how to create multi sample velocity kits with the Deluge Kit Creator.

With the editor you can assign a sample folder to OSC1, and a different sample folder to OSC2.
For OSC1 you may want low velocity samples (e.g. piano keys hit very softly).
For OSC2 you may want high velocity samples (e.g. piano keys hit very hard).

The generator will try to fill missing notes. E.g. if you have samples for D#4 and F4 but you are missing E4, then the generator will take the sample from D#4 and pitch it up 1 semitone, so you get a seamless kit.
For note transposition to work, the wav files need to follow the naming convention somethingC#3something.wav or B5_something.wav. Or they can also be named by note value (C2 = 036, C3 = 048), e.g. something_048.wav. So the note name or numeric note value needs to be in there somewhere in the sample name.

Heres an example of Korg M1 samples converted to deluge kits with this generator.

Cheers!

Post edited by fryyyy on

Comments

edited June 2018

A couple of things that could be improved in the deluge firmware to make them more useful:

• Easier mapping of MIDI to kits. Currently we have to assign every single note which is tedious for 88 note kits.
    • It seems not possible to use Pitch Bend, Aftertouch or Mod wheel sources to modify the params. So we cannot e.g. bend a guitar sample 2 notes up, or use the mod wheel to gradually apply a vibrato effect to the sample.
    • The "affect entire" release seems to have no function. It would be great if it could be used to shorten the release of all samples. Then this could be used e.g. to simulate releasing the pedal of a piano.
    • Kits cannot transpose notes up or down, this is unfortunate
    • MIDI cc seems to be not assignable to the MIDI knobs as control params
    Post edited by fryyyy on
    LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

so its generating a kit for me just based on the samples ive thrown into it. its not recalling the samples once i load my deluge back in. what am i doing wrong? for example there is a wurly instrument here on the forums. it generates a kit for all the notes. but when i load the kit in deluge it doesnt playback.

Yeah sorry its still not complete magic. I should make a video tutorial for this i guess :grin:

You still need to copy the samples to your SDcard SAMPLES folder, otherwise the deluge won't find them.
    And you need to specify the correct folder in the input field in the kit generator.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

I can't get to the video about exporting kontakt libraries!

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Sorry, here you go
    This video explains how to export your KONTAKT libraries as .wav files.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Thanks brudda :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129

Again, Great Work with this!
    ( I wonder what other .WAVs deserve this technique...? )

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Would this work with NI Battery 4? As I don't use the software anymore, so would be good to drop the wav library from it on to my Deluge.

I havent tested it with wavs that dont have some form of note name in it, e.g. Sample_C#.wav or Sample_048.wav
    I may need to adjust the script to support non-tonal sample libraries but should be an easy fix. I will post an update.

edited July 2018

@cypher79 If you refresh https://fyyyyy.github.io/deluge-kit-generator/index.html (clear browser cache to be sure), it now supports non-tonal samples. So you can also create drum kits with this tool. Set max transpose to 0 to avoid any transposing of samples.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

awesome thanks. slipped my attention until now.

edited July 2018

I've created a video tutorial how to create multi sample velocity kits with the Deluge Kit Creator.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    tffshtttffshtt berlinPosts: 53

wow! thanks!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

just doing some kits. well done. web apps rule :)

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Thanks @fryyyy. Nice work.

BobbiPeruBobbiPeru Oakland, CAPosts: 22

Very nice. Is there someplace people are posting new kits?

I post my kits here
    Cheers

flyweightflyweight PraguePosts: 9

Do not understand, but can de deluge now use multisamples?? If so thatz neat and i have to buy one :)

KillertomatoKillertomato berlinBeta Tester Posts: 12

@fryyyy said:

Hey, thanks for the video and a huge thanks for the generator. Just want to let you know that the audio in the video is really low. I turned the volume on my laptop all the way up and could barely hear you. Will try again with headphones.

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

is this now obsolete because of multisample support in firmware 2.1.0?

yes, i have to adjust it for 2.1 so it works with synths instead of kits

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Hmm, is it obsolete though? I have not tried multi samples yet but surely the using kit approach vs using the Deluge synth multi sample method is different, things like per key edit options and so on. I think if this is the case then it might be worth keeping both kit and synth versions of the creator perhaps?

71777177 (:Posts: 38

Wow, awesome, keep it up!

really love this community. hehe