Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Digital Clicks on sample triggering

spawnkissspawnkiss tkarontoPosts: 12

On a handful of occasions now, when I've started up the deluge, I've experienced a digital clicking present when triggering samples. This does not bode well for professional use in a live setting : /

The only theory I have is that it would have something to do with CPU handling higher bitrate or sample rates (which is partially the point of buying this unit) however I experience it even with 16bit 48k wav files. Perhaps if I have lower bitrate wavs / aifs in the same project as higher bitrate it causes this? However it would be unfortunate to have to lower the quality of all samples to remove a digital click.

This is huge bummer. When I restart the deluge the clicking usually goes away, but its possible that it comes back after an extended period of time (I've yet to test for that). I've seen a couple posts in the facebook group about this relating to synth patches, but nothing specific to general sample trigging.

Maybe someone has experience this, or it's going to be dealt with in an update coming soon @Ian_Jorgensen ? For my part its something I need to deal with immediately because I may need to start using a different product to perform a series of shows.

HELP

Comments

• Clicks are not connecting to sample start / end as they go away with a restart. Possibly a power problem ? maybe?
    llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73
    edited May 2019

The Deluge does tend to have some clicks in the audio stream, but there are workarounds...

Are you using the newest firmware (2.1.3)? (previous firmware had this problem)
    Do the clicks appear randomly throughout the sample? Do they continue when no sample is playing?
    Are you using sidechain? (default sidechain values frequently cause clicking)
    Are you using parameter automation? (sometimes causes clicking)
    Are your tracks and midi set to maximum values? (Deluge internal headroom is finicky)

Post edited by llexam on

@llexam said:
    The Deluge does tend to have some clicks in the audio stream, but there are workarounds...

Are you using the newest firmware (2.1.3)? (previous firmware had this problem)
    Do the clicks appear randomly throughout the sample? Do they continue when no sample is playing?
    Are you using sidechain? (default sidechain values frequently cause clicking)
    Are you using parameter automation? (sometimes causes clicking)
    Are your tracks and midi set to maximum values? (Deluge internal headroom is finicky)

Hey - thanks for the reply. Going to get back to you on the firmware update but believe I am on the most recent.

• Clicks only about 100 ms after the sample launch, usually on all samples if occuring at all
    • No SC
    • No difference between samples w automation / w.o (That said I'm not sure if you mean simply "edited" params or those with values changing in the sequence
    • Max vals. as in you mean 50? typically I do leave a bit of headroom so not all of them would be at the max

Checking fw now!

appreciate the observations big time

2.1.3 Confirmed

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@spawnkiss Sorry if this seems silly but just to confirm... You’ve turned down the the OSC volume to less than 50 right?

@MatthewGeorge said:
    @spawnkiss Sorry if this seems silly but just to confirm... You’ve turned down the the OSC volume to less than 50 right?

Just tested that. Did not remove clicking : /

But thanks I'm trying a variety of things now.

scttcmpbllscttcmpbll United StatesPosts: 3

I'm getting a lot of clicking when using multisample patches. No effects, no automation, OSC volume at half maximum. Pretty frustrating. Any ideas?

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
    edited September 2019

@scttcmpbll said:
    I'm getting a lot of clicking when using multisample patches. No effects, no automation, OSC volume at half maximum. Pretty frustrating. Any ideas?

Have you tried to adjust the attack and release value on env1?

Post edited by rudolphrapid on

Nah, that's not it. Its happening randomly when using multisample patches and when adjust parameters from an external midi controller. Could it be because I'm using AIFF files instead of WAVs for my multisample sets?

I converted all of my multisample sets from aiff to wav and that seems to have remedied the clicking