Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge firmware V2.1.2 released

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

This is another minor bugfix update from us, which we recommend you install.

Download Deluge firmware V2.1.2

Bugfixes
* Fixed - samples in CUT or STRETCH mode could cut out while recording from song view to arranger
* Fixed bug when a folder contained both files with note numbers in their names, and files without
* Fixed rare misbehaviour relating to editing or recording into the arranger
* Fixed potential crash if you press the keyboard button while in a menu
* Fixed bug where song’s stored tempo could end up slightly off after playing with Deluge slaved to another device
* Fixed minor visual glitch in arranger view when playing many samples
* Fixed problem which could result in vertical scroll ending up far out of range
* Fixed bug where wrong kit sounds could be triggered via audition pads if a different track was currently being played back on that same kit
* Beginning playback mid-way through a long arpeggiated note now lets it sound

To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.

We recommend you take the opportunity to back up the contents of your SD card while it's in your computer.

Comments

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 61

Thank you, well done! :)

alifeinbinaryalifeinbinary Vancouver, CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 19

Thank you!

DelthafunkymachineDelthafunkymachine Westbay, SwedenBeta Tester Posts: 7

Thx!

Thank you!

keymankeyman Palmela, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 30

Thanks !

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326
    edited February 2019

Found a bug :(

When you use echo and delay on some different tracks. It starts to cutoff the sound of one track/instrument at track end and starts the sound on the beginning of the track again. That is ugly.

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Hey @OnoSendai, curious for a bit more info on this? Have you got a song file you could send me which demonstrates the problem, or a video you could share?

@rohan said:
    Hey @OnoSendai, curious for a bit more info on this? Have you got a song file you could send me which demonstrates the problem, or a video you could share?

Sure take a look at this Song file http://h2157518.stratoserver.net/nc/index.php/s/ybgSCxT3ZnESYL4

The third track (instrument) stops at the end, when you start playing around in the kit track with echo and delay

@OnoSendai thanks, I gave it a go though, added reverb and delay to every sound you've used in the kits, with all tracks playing, and heard no glitches or anything cutting out. Perhaps you could send me at least an audio recording showing what you're hearing? Probably easiest to continue this by email - rohan@synthstrom.com

DIEMDIEM UKPosts: 1

HI LOVE THE DLUGE!!
    I have a couple of suggestion for usability,
    Is it possible [like in imaschine] to be able to control and hold an effect like stutter on a single track whilst simutaneously exiting the track view to be able to unmute other tracks. would be very useful for the way i use it, doing live arrangements.
    Also unfortunately the volume pot is making noise when it passes the 1 o'clock position.
    Thanks for making a great instrument.

BonatiBonati NYCPosts: 8

Thanks for your work on this Rohan!

71777177 (:Posts: 38

mille grazie!

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

Thank you!

@rohan said:
    @OnoSendai thanks, I gave it a go though, added reverb and delay to every sound you've used in the kits, with all tracks playing, and heard no glitches or anything cutting out. Perhaps you could send me at least an audio recording showing what you're hearing?

I created a video and sent it to you :)

xochi1234xochi1234 ukPosts: 4

WTF?

xochi1234xochi1234 ukPosts: 4

lol

AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

For some reason I get an error message when attempting update.
    Old firmware loads back up just fine, but cant upgrade for some reason. Thoughts?

rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14
    edited March 2019

@Audiorotic said:
    Old firmware loads back up just fine, but cant upgrade for some reason. Thoughts?

Try a different memory card? I'm using a 64GB card for working with, but I can't use it for updates.

Post edited by rustyjaw on

@rustyjaw said:

@Audiorotic said:

Try a different memory card? I'm using a 64GB card for working with, but I can't use it for updates.

I did. No difference. Can't seem to figure it out yet.

krunchrkrunchr Mainz, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 70

Do you use a Mac? Then delete the hidden files in the root directory of the SD card. This is usually the reason when updates fail. I don't understand why the Deluge doesn't just ignore these files.

@krunchr said:
    Do you use a Mac? Then delete the hidden files in the root directory of the SD card. This is usually the reason when updates fail. I don't understand why the Deluge doesn't just ignore these files.

Thanks! It's all sorted now.

2fd52fd5 United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 5
    edited March 2019

Thanks for Deluge!.
    UPDATE:

False alert. Battery was probably nearly dead, as connected PSU and it does not reproduce.
    Why I think It was battery, flashed 2.1.3 and after that pressing any key in grid stopped everything.
    Will charge and try to reproduce, but looks like just battery.

Do we have battery state indication in deluge ???
    Thanks again.

Got one bug report.
    Env: fresh install of 2.1.2.
    New song, New synth track, put notes in, press play, press shift + saturation, increase value it will crash and stop responding.

Will try to flash 2.1.3 and try the same, maybe you already fixed that.

Here how it looks:

Post edited by 2fd5 on