Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sounds getting swallowed/Alpha version

hi i posted this before in another/wrong place.
Its about samples getting swallowed (muted) when other sounds play. Now i found out i got the same problem when combining samples and the internal synth. It feels actually like a memory problem. Sometimes i only get an anoying click sound.

Sam ment it might be solved with the current alpha available on the beta tester FB group. Now for whatever reason i don´t get accepted there and can´t test it out. Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it with the new version?

Its not the sidechain or a muted track. it also happens if i play a synth live over a drumtrack. and it has also nothing to do with different sizes of tracks or the zoom mode i am sure.

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hey @IchMachBubu! Ignore my post on your other thread - I've just realized I can invite you to the group using your email address, so I've done that now and you should get an email about it. Let me know if that doesn't happen :smile:

IchMachBubuIchMachBubu ViennaPosts: 33

Hy @Sam
    I am afraid i did not get any invite, just the notifications about forum messages.

i am sure we getting there some day. don´t panic :D and thanks for now.

dobdob The NetherlandsPosts: 11

This seems to be the problem I've ran into as well?
    (Long) samples being cut-off?

I'd like to get a beta version if that fixes the problem (I will use a lot of samples), but I'm not on Facebook, nor will I ever be. Can I use a friends account to obtain the beta version?

I sampled all my analog gear, so i plan to use a lot of samples as well and i only subscribed to facedingdong because of the deluge. so far i haven´t got the invite however. a friend is in it and can´t find any beta. it is all a little bit chaotic so far but i am still hoping the best. i´d actually would have a live thing in october and would love to use the deluge as my main hardware then. fingers crossed.

oh and yes @dob it is long samples beeing cut off.

edited September 2017
    Ahhh thanks @IchMachBubu !!
    So there's a fix coming for that. Thank God, because this would really be a show stopper.
    Post edited by dob on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yo guys, give me ur mail and I'll send it to u! Can't be waiting forever. The file is really small.
    Synthstrom people will have to persecute me if this is not allowed, but I want to help :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

can´t even send u a private message here. i dunno why this has to be soooo complicated. i´d happily send the devs a picture of my deluge incl. the serial number and a birth certificate or a stool sample for that matter.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

i used to test software, so i even would be of help.

You've got a private message @Icoustik

lol so there are PMs

.< ok looking again

allrighty. i am to stupid for this planet. where can i send a pm pls? ty.

@Icoustik since i can´t pm here i made my email visible in my profile. would love to get me hands on sd card fix. ty.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Sorry I couldn't help before, I've sent it now :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

edited September 2017

Hey @IchMachBubu @Icoustik @dob! Sorry I haven't seen this until now!

Has everyone got the alpha now?

And is everyone on facebook a part of the facebook group yet? Let me know if you still aren't and I'll sort it out :smile:

Post edited by Sam on

thanks @Sam. I got the alpha now. I probably can´t join on FB because i never ordered my Deluge via Email. A friend ordered two deluges and, the noble man he is, gave me one of them. He is on a holiday now. I might sort that out when he is back. B)

@Sam I have it and I like it!!

@sam. oh me likes it too. a lot. but still would like to copy tracks and change like the arp from up/down to random in the copy without affecting the original track. just saying. :blush:

@IchMachBubu whoa, lucky! haha. If you have a facebook account, send me an email with the name of your facebook account and I'll add you to the group :smile:

@dob glad to hear you're liking it!

hmmm. it seams even with the new version long samples have problems.
    i used 2 short piano samples (one hit of the key C) and a string sound that goes over 8 bars or so (120 bpm) and whenever i play the string sound over my piano samples the strings stop to soon or makes ugly click sounds. mind that i played the string sound live to it. i am testing some more today.

Hey @IchMachBubu. It sounds like voices are being cut out, and the most likely reason for that is cpu overload, which could be happening if you have quite a lot going on in your songs. How many other tracks do you have going? Are you using much of any cpu intensive processing - reverb, delay etc?

@Sam It would be nice to have a CPU-load indicator B)

I like the fact that the Deluge is, to the user, kept open. Unlimited options, resulting in the ability to overload the CPU, in which case processing starts to drop, and you'd have to solve that personally. (If you don't like it)

I'd rather have this than what seems to be normal in the market: keep the futures and options down in a way that the CPU load will never be too much. (like only offering 1 reverb and 1 delay somewhere in the endmix stages)

But this is very likely a matter of taste... I consider this a (favourable) design trade-off, whereas a lot of people might consider this some sort of bug.