Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

2.1 stability?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

I have the impression getting a freeze happened before 2.1 but much more rarely. Now I get them more often. Randomly it seems. All fine when rebooting/reloading.
Not dramatic just wondering if anyone else has similar impressions? Will keep trying to get something reproducible.

Just got a freeze now when trying out Loop Points with Stretch samples, froze when I did some knob twiddling with Pitch and Modulation params. Yesterday, I dont remember what I did exactly. the display went bonkers, never seen Deluge doing that. Here the vid: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ue40glf63ghfmy/VID_20190101_113925607.mp4?dl=0

Comments

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Hmm. I haven't had any freezes or crashes since the public version was released (didn't really have many issues in beta either though). Can you reproduce the freezes and give instructions on how to replicate them?

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Have had issues with freezes when loading multisample synths.

Especially when,
    1. Changing presets quickly(
    2. Changing presets and playing/changing things.
    3. The multisamples have a complicated tonality and are hard for the pitch detect algorithm to work out.

Even got "E019" (i think) stuck on the display once. Does the deluge display error codes

Still pretty rare but maybe something to look at for 2.1.1 :wink:

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited January 2019

Also i've noticed that trying to load certain multisample folders into a synth, the deluge consistently freezes.
    One such folder is attached.

Post edited by fryyyy on
    rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Thanks for the posts everyone! Ironing out bugs and crashes is always a top priority for us, so keep these reports coming.

@amiga909 thanks, I'm going to have a play with loop points on STRETCH samples and see if I can replicate.

@rcz, yes the Deluge displays error codes in certain types of crashes, to help me determine what went wrong, though a lot of these checks and codes only show up in beta firmware versions, not release. E019 only shows up in betas - were you using a beta when that one showed up? If so, was it after recording a sample or resampling?

@fryyyy thanks very much for the supplied folder, I've replicated the crash and am fixing now!

We'll have a minor update out in a couple of weeks with all these fixes.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111

Sorry @rohan I can't confirm it was E019 but I was not recording or resampling. I am using the release version and if I see another code I will note it correctly and report. Thanks for the hard work!

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

No worries, and thanks! Yup, let me know any error codes you see, they're very helpful. You can email me directly at rohan@synthstrom.com.

@fryyyy your bug is fixed now :)

@amiga909 I didn't manage to get a crash, but I've realised that of course sample loop points shouldn't actually be effective for samples in STRETCH mode, the whole point of which is that the entire length of the sample is stretched out over the note's length, so I'm deactivating them. They weren't behaving in a way that made sense anyway. Of course you can still turn down the sample's SPEED to get time-stretching, and loop points will still work then.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

thanks, sorry could not come up with something reproducible yet.. fryyy, yeah i think multisamples were involved in all freezes i got, and i have some fairly large multisample folders (64-128 samples), thanks for the input.
    never got a freeze right after loading the multisample though, feels all freezes happened at a random interaction. i ll keep trying to get something reproducible.

fryyyyfryyyy germanyPosts: 161
    edited January 2019

That seems like you run out of memory, how big are these sample folders you are loading? I notice the same thing when you load a lot of megabytes - even in the old versions. Especially when you swap a lot of sample memory by loading different sample folders while scrolling through presets.

Post edited by fryyyy on