Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

internal microphone recording audio into synth mode

AngusAngus MelbournePosts: 6

Hello friends !

I've nearly burst my brain trying to get my voice recorded into a new synth track. I can get a wav file of my voice into a kit though.

I have been on youtube and the interwebs and read the Deluge manual through but I'm still stuck.

can anyone please help ?

Best Answer

justindavidowjustindavidow Winnipeg, CanadaPosts: 16
    Answer ✓

Hi Angus!

Did you init a new synth? [Shift] + [synth] gets you a blank synth with the volume of oscillator 1 set to 50 (full) and the volume of oscillator 2 set to 0 (zero)

From there, set the oscillator type to SAMP, hold shift and hit the [shift] + {audio}=>{record} keys to start recording, and press the record key again to stop recording.

You may need to tweak the start and end times to get your sample where you want it, but that should get you a clean synth that has nothing else but your sample (transposed and time stretched across the keyboard)

Answers

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

make sure you don't have a cable plugged into the line in as this will stop the internal mic working , took me a few days of swearing to figure that out and it isn't in the manual

Thanks Robbymust, no line in connected.

It's probably too simple of a sequence for most, the bar is just a little too high for me though, not very tech savvy, 54 years old, or is it 55? and haven't learned anything new in decades, I think my brain's calcified.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Drink that water brudda! And to record into a synth track, set the synth track Type to Sample (one of the OSC columns) then use the Audio Record shortcut up at the top left of the grid :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

RobbymustRobbymust Kaitaia, New ZealandPosts: 25

go to about 14 minutes in this video and this may help you if this is what you are trying to do, all you need to do is use the internal mike instead of line in, select the type ln

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Clarification: IN type track = for listening/ putting FX on, and resampling

SAMPLE type track + Audio record = Record to synth track, then play the sample as a synth

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thanks for the input from my fellow Delugeurs !

Thanks to your advice I'm getting closer.

With an internal mic recorded sample that I am using in synth mode, does there HAVE to be a synth sound played simultaneously ? I guess I'm after a blank synth so that I can manipulate the voice sample WITHOUT having to have a synth preset playing as well.

I think my "problem" is that I imagine what I want to do instead of looking what is readily available and do-able.

I'll pop out the SD card and see if I can delete/modify parts of an existing preset to get a blank synth.

Nah !

Thanks justindavidow !
    I can do what I wanted !