Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

'Keyboard tracking'??

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

Perhaps I'm missing something, but after spending some time programming the Deluge, I still don't know how to program settings for Keyboard Tracking.

Most synths have such a control which can be set in a vast range, including negative values, but I don't see a way to alter aspects of a parameter - so that they react differently based on their relationship to other notes/octaves.

Comments

An astute observation...

@six_wax said:
    An astute observation...

....at first I thought I was just missing something, but now I feel more confident that the feature isn't available (yet)

jipumarinojipumarino CaliforniaPosts: 21

What do you mean by "a way to alter aspects of a parameter"? If you're looking for simple keyboard tracking then using "note" as a modulation source does the trick (I'm guessing this is not what you want though).

@jipumarino said:
    What do you mean by "a way to alter aspects of a parameter"? If you're looking for simple keyboard tracking then using "note" as a modulation source does the trick (I'm guessing this is not what you want though).

I'm not sure that 'Note' will affect what I'm speaking of, but I'll certainly spend some time checking into it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

@jipumarino said:

You were absolutely correct. Thanks. (I had suspected that 'note' was a reference to 'note on/note off', not the actual difference in scale/pitch .

Totally resolved my issue. Thanks so much

jipumarinojipumarino CaliforniaPosts: 21

Oh, I'm glad! Just in case: my suggestion comes straight out of the manual, if you missed that maybe there are some other things that could be useful there :)

@jipumarino said:
    Oh, I'm glad! Just in case: my suggestion comes straight out of the manual, if you missed that maybe there are some other things that could be useful there :)

I've been pouring through the manual - guess I missed that, thanks again