Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Way to extend sequence while recording? Pause a sequence?

MoneyKennyMoneyKenny CanadaPosts: 10

Hi everyone,

I'm a very green Deluge user here - I've only had it for but a few days. It is truly incredible and I can't wait for the multi-sampling feature in 2.1. However there are 2 things that I can't seem to figure out how to do/if I can do it, which I haven't come across in the manual or through videos.

1. If I have a 4-bar drum beat, and I am recording a new synth/MIDI track to play with it, I'd like to set it so that the sequence basically extends until I tell it to stop when I'm recording once I hit a note. Right now, the default is for a new synth track to also be 4 bars and when I want to play a longer line over the drum beat, it just keeps recording over the 4 bars unless I manually set the length to longer first. Is there a way to set it to as a default to extend the sequence as I'm playing notes until I tell it to stop?
  2. If I'm working on a longer sequence, I find it help to "pause" in a certain part of the sequence for closer examination/editing. All I seem to be able to do right now is hit the "start" button to stop the sequence and reset it to the beginning. Is there any way to "pause" a sequence, and then when you start it, it continues from where you paused it?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to sharing my future discoveries and knowledge once I get the hang of things!

Best Answer

Answers

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

it's a good question, I also imagine to be able to record on the fly with an erase mode until to find the right riff...like on Ableton !!

MoneyKennyMoneyKenny CanadaPosts: 10

Ahhh that BACK and PLAY suggestion will really help, thanks! As for the self-extending length record mode, I'm glad to hear that the community is on it as well. It seems like Rohan is a really smart guy and would be able to bake that in to a future update (if he wants to). Thanks everyone