Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Long tracks VS Arranger track instances?!

ClydePaquinClydePaquin Montreal, QuebecPosts: 27

I'm a little bit more familiar with my deluge, but I was wandering... let's say a standard pop song, 3-4 minutes, is it possible to make it only with tracks?! Can a track be that long or it has a limit?! Also, what would be the pros and cons about making it using tracks/song vs arranger?!

Thanks!

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

You can do it with tracks, no limit to the track length. But arranger mode is designed for it and once you learn it, it works much better for arranging a song. And in arranger mode, you're still working with and manipulating things like track lengths etc.
    If you ,in arranger, extend an instance like a note you make it loop longer, but if you extend it and then make it a unique instance by shift-pressing it so it turns white, you change the actual track length, and could then f.ex. record automation that is longer than the loop itself.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

ClydePaquinClydePaquin Montreal, QuebecPosts: 27

Thanks! I'm having a hard time understanding the structure of "Arranger mode"... let's say I'm in Song 1A, a have a a kit track and a synth track... when in "Song" view I see my 2 tracks... but when I go in Arranger it's like another song... (a little test that I made when I got my deluge) so the Arranger is not associate with a song?! Is it associate with tracks?! How can I find my arrangements after?!

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited October 2018

In arranger you find your tracks that you've made in song/ loop mode, and you can place 'blocks' of them, called instances, in a timeline going towards the right side of the grid :) You can f.ex. extend and cut the instances like we do with notes in a synth track.

So essentially you make loops/tracks and then you can arrange them i.e. line them up in the order you want them to play

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

happyclimberhappyclimber francePosts: 41

hello , is it possible to loop in arranger mode and play a keyboard for exemple without go in song mode ?

it's ok i found : 12,53mn

ah no it's no possible...