Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Samples truncated by synth tracks... ???

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50

I have a song where a repeated 2 bar stretched sample is truncated during playback, when two or three synth tracks are also playing.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Am I reaching the Deluge's limits at this point?
I don't recall this happening prior to update to 2.0.3....

Comments

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Sounds like the Deluge is responding to its CPU being overloaded - or at least that's what it thinks is happening. If you're not driving the CPU all that hard, perhaps there's some sort of bug? You're welcome to send me the song file to have a look at. I'd also need all the sample files you're using. rohan@synthstrom.com

Thank you Rohan.
    I've just been experimenting with this and have resolved it to my satisfaction, for now at any rate, by better kit/ sample management.
    It is a problem I think I can reproduce, but I don't want to waste you time, so I'll experiment further, before sending you anything. It may well just be me not understanding properly how kits work when using the same kit on different tracks...

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Oh, glad you got it sorted. Keep me posted - if there is in fact a problem with the Deluge dropping parts when the CPU isn't being driven really hard, that's definitely something I'd like to fix :)

Yes, I'll delve into it and let you know. :)

TONETONE CORSICAPosts: 12

hi,
    I had the same issue, when I played 2 track kit, synth voices and long sample stop playing :/

When I had this problem, my samples were 32-bit fp. I converted them to 24-bit and it seems fine now.

TONETONE CORSICAPosts: 12

thanks for the help!

but, converted them to 24 or 16-bit, same result :neutral: