Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

I'm having trouble using my Linnstrument as a keyboard

scottmoonscottmoon Grass Valley, CA USABeta Tester Posts: 12

I'm having trouble using my Linnstrument as a keyboard controller. I just got a Deluge and haven't been able to get it to work with Midi. I plugged a midi din cable from Linnstrument to Deluge, both set to channel 1, but doesn't register anything. Is there a menu on the Deluge for activating it? I can't find anything in the manual that helps. Also searched the forum. Feeling dumb. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

Still not working with midi in on Deluge. I did get midi out from the Deluge to my iPad, and sequencer clock out over midi from Beatstep Pro to Deluge but no notes. Hmmm

For a synth, go into track view for the synth, hold the Learn button and any of the audition pads (keep held), then press any key on your controller. Then the controller should be mapped to all notes of the synth. Once you map the controller to the synth, you can change presets and the mapping remains.

For a kit, it's a little different. The specific note you press on your controller gets mapped to the sample you are holding and you have to repeat the process for each note.

There is a section in the manual about this. Look for "Controlling functions via MIDI".

Thanks, that worked. Now I just need to teach it Pressure CC11 for velocity/loudness and CC1 for Timbre.