Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sampler Pitch Shifting

gringostargringostar Posts: 3
edited October 2018 in Deluge Help

I haven't seen anywhere that lists how many semitones samples can be shifted with the Deluge. Is it limited to only 1-2 octaves like other boxes (cough electron cough) or can it shift samples down 3-5 octaves like a lot of classic Akai and Emu boxes?

Post edited by gringostar on

Comments

I just checked and it goes +/- 96, or 8 octaves.

Thanks.

Is it a pristine pitch shift like in Kontact or is there a bit of coloration to it like from those old boxes? I'm not expecting it to behave like a Mirage or S-50 or anything but a bit of coloration when pitching down a sample (like the yamaha A3-5K) would instantly sell me on it.

I haven't had experiences with other gear accept for MPCs. There is some sense of coloration but it sounds pretty smooth to me.

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

the pitch shift quality is not comparable to a DAW, but Rohan is said to have improved the stretch/pitch shift algorithm substantially in the next update (which should be going to beta testing soon).

I would actually prefer it if it wasn't as good as a DAW since I have a DAW already for that.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

I enjoy the colouration that it has. Super fun throwing an arp with a large octave range on the samples too. But yeah I use a DAW for pristine shifting.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157
    edited October 2018

@Mafoo said:
    the pitch shift quality is not comparable to a DAW, but Rohan is said to have improved the stretch/pitch shift algorithm substantially in the next update (which should be going to beta testing soon).

That's good to know, as I don't like the Deluges current time stretching algorithm...it sounds really odd compared to DAW time stretching.

Post edited by cypher79 on
    MafooMafoo Posts: 53

@MatthewGeorge said:
    I enjoy the colouration that it has. Super fun throwing an arp with a large octave range on the samples too. But yeah I use a DAW for pristine shifting.

I tried this last night with some vocal chops. I can see what you mean and why you like the character. The coloration actually made it sound like a completely different sample at certain points, which was pretty cool.

It would be nice if there were different modes like certain DAWs. Sometimes you want a transparent stretch like for drums, and sometimes you want something grainy sounding like for making textures or glitched sounds.