Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

TIME/GATE-LOCKED ENVELOPES

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

The ability to set attack, decay, sustain and release to note length/ bars or gate value in addition to the current 0-50 parameter value would be a welcome addition.

Post edited by workergray on
Tagged:

Comments

if this could be applied to portamento-- that would also give us more accurate control over sound.
    Thanks for all your hard work!

edited August 2017

For instance, what time-frame/percentage does "50" represent in terms of attack? It's a "LONG" attack, obviously, but it doesn't mean anything.

It's a finite number, but not "rational" in terms of music composition without a clearly defined framework.

"1-64th" represents THAT space of time in relation to the tempo of the composition.

Implementing this form of gate time for all parameters relating to the length of time of any given parameter (at least optionally) would give unprecedented control.

I don't know of any other synth/groove box that has this much precise control over envelope and other such parameters.

The LED readout could be broken down in the following increments:
    (#).b = number of bars (ostensibly 1-999)
    (#).2 = number of half-notes (ostensibly 1-999)
    (#).2T = number of half-notes triplet (0-99)
    (#).4 = number of quarters (0-999)
    (#).4T = number of quarters triplet (0-99)
    (#).8 = number of eighths (0-999)
    (#).8T = number of eighths triplet (0-99)
    and so on.
    The number would be separated from the value by a period (.)
    Every even number would be rounded to the next lowest value increment:
    i.e. 2.8 would be show as 1.4, etc.

Post edited by workergray on
    MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

+1 I find the deluges value systems to be completely nonsensical... in particular the arpeggiators "rate" control. And the fact that it keeps flicking between 0-50, and 127, etc... it's really quite confusing and has no basis within the mathematical world of music. Based on how logical the rest of the device is this really does shock me that they chose to use these numbers! Curious how it works in a CC 0-127 valuation when only using values up to 50? It has a multiplier of 2.56, so a value of 40 has a CC value of 102.4, which is impossible. I'm guessing either the system doesn't work like this, or rounds up/down values which would be really haphazard!

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Word. All values should be 0-127 or -64-63. I think this issue has popped up in a few other threads... So a few of us want it.
    MafooMafoo Posts: 53

+1 the envelopes need some work.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@MatthewGeorge said:
    Word. All values should be 0-127 or -64-63. I think this issue has popped up in a few other threads... So a few of us want it.

yeah, i dont really see a good reason for not having all param ranges 0-127 or -64-63. except list choices of course, like delay mode.

however, never investigated how the mapping of a CC value 0-127 maps to a 0-50 range. if you look at the XMLs, Deluge internally saves most params differently to what you see on the display (more values possible than selectable via display). means, CC values might get mapped just fine to a 0-50 range.

VoltVolt Posts: 55

@Myrk said:
    +1 I find the deluges value systems to be completely nonsensical... in particular the arpeggiators "rate" control. And the fact that it keeps flicking between 0-50, and 127, etc... it's really quite confusing and has no basis within the mathematical world of music. Based on how logical the rest of the device is this really does shock me that they chose to use these numbers! Curious how it works in a CC 0-127 valuation when only using values up to 50? It has a multiplier of 2.56, so a value of 40 has a CC value of 102.4, which is impossible. I'm guessing either the system doesn't work like this, or rounds up/down values which would be really haphazard!

@MatthewGeorge said:

+1! Don’t see any reason why values are from 0-50.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

+1 envelope upgrade

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1 envelope upgrade and +1 LFO upgrade too!