Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How can I factory reset the Deluge's SD card?

Hey girls and boys,

I completely messed up my SD card. I searched thoroughly through the net to find some kind of standard image I could put on it again but didn't find anything (would welcome it as a download in the Deluge's website's download section).

Anyway, where can I find the files? I'm not on Facebook!

Thanks for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @Digital_Failure! Sorry I missed this post!

The link @TactileAF posted (thanks for that, by the way!) seems to have everything on it, although there should also be an empty folder in the same directory as "KITS", "SYNTHS" etc... titled "SONGS".

Alternatively, feel free to send me an email anytime at sam.carswell@synthstrom.com and I can send you the the folders/files myself.

That helped a lot. Thanks you, TactileAF!

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

my deluge wouldn't save anything to the supplied card, & after a while the snares vanished... I copied the other stuff off onto my macbook & back onto a different fat-ass-format 16GB card & now it all works. just thought you should know, Sam, Rohan et al, that the supplied cards might be a bit icky. I'm new here but definitely not new to h/w sequencers- I have or have had notrons, maqs, sequentix, genoqs, zyklus, midibox, octatrack... so get ready for some suggestions when I'm up to speed. & say hi to paul nagle at superbooth. :-)

n00bn00b SpacePosts: 28

@duncandisorderly said:
    my deluge wouldn't save anything to the supplied card, & after a while the snares vanished... I copied the other stuff off onto my macbook & back onto a different fat-ass-format 16GB card & now it all works.

Same here, though I copied all to my mac, reformatted the SD card and then put back all the copied content (and some more samples) and it all works.

'Bad sound kills good music!'

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Thanks for the feedback @duncandisorderly. We'll take that on board! Glad you got it working in the end :smile:

The user and all related content has been deleted.

alien_brain, I’ve read dozens... hundreds of your posts & comments on here. they’re like a constant whining noise while I’m trying to listen to what more civilised people have to say. you have some good ideas, but you also have- as you have been repeatedly told- an unpleasant, entitled & dismissive tone. I’ll ask you now, for the sake of being polite, to describe your workflow, your experience with other hardware sequencers, your knowledge of code, your history of making music- is any of it published? so we can all try to understand your constant carping & get along a bit better.
    if it helps, I’ll start.
    workflow: involves (gasp!) other musicians, who may have written parts on keyboards or guitars, that I need to programme into a hw seq for live performances. but I also need the same hw seq to be capable of jamming, without messing up on stage or in a live-to-tape studio jam.
    other hw seqs: sequentix, P3 & cirklon. my cirklon is #003. doepfer maq, dark-time, schaltwerk. notron (I own three of them). midibox seq v4. emu XL-7. zyklus. squarp pyramid. genoqs nemo & octopus. probably some others I forgot, but you get the idea. this is not my first rodeo.
    code- well, no, I couldn’t build any of those from scratch. but I beta-tested several of them, & made contributions to func spec & UI on four at least. the genoqs guys went open-source, & I still follow the forum to see where the latest fork in the OS will lead. that, btw, is an excellent example of how to collaboratively develop a product beyond its makers’ expectations. & I wouldn’t try to take credit for a development just because it turned out like I suggested- I didn’t write the code to make it happen.
    I’m one third of radio massacre international. you can look us up. I’m not interested in what you think of our music, what we look like, how we do it or anything. just that we have an actual presence, albums out there, & that I’m not afraid to tell people on here.

so. I noticed that under one of your many whining posts, you got upset when someone else posted a comment, asking them “who invited you?”
    I’m not like that. let’s have a conversation. over to you.

d.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Those whose SD cards have stopped working, I'm curious to get a little bit more info, which could help us to figure out whether there's any issue with the cards we're supplying (probably not, but it's best to be sure).

• Was the card that failed the supplied one? Was it 8 or 16GB?
    • Was it working when you first received the Deluge / card?
    • Do you remember what you did with it just before the card failed?
    • Had you ever used the Deluge's sample-recording or "resampling" (output-recording) features?

Thanks a lot!

@alien_brain said:
    boo hoooo i posted and you had to read it. get over it.

grow up or fuck off..

rohan, mine was the supplied 16GB, & wouldn’t retain anything saved to it. as noted above, after a while, the snares vanished. my replacement 16GB card seems to be fine.
    d.

rohan, I’m out of here. you know where I am- let me know when you get a grip on moderating this forum. the deluge is great. the company here- not so much.
    d.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Wow you're such a bothersome nuisance allieballie xD
    And you can't even comprehend it! You really are an alien, with quite low social intelligence.

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2018

Shiiiit you crazy, homie.

You didn't defend yourself, you pushed away an honest attempt at communicating with you.

I never wanted to ignore you, I proposed to ban you completely.

No one likes you, that's the point. But you're the one who made it that way, and you defend yourself with apathy and carelessness.

We're not intolerant, your toxic obnoxiousness is too much for anyone. Who the hell tolerates you at all anyway? :p

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Geoff0555Geoff0555 UKPosts: 1

@rohan said:
    Those whose SD cards have stopped working, I'm curious to get a little bit more info, which could help us to figure out whether there's any issue with the cards we're supplying (probably not, but it's best to be sure).

• Was the card that failed the supplied one? Was it 8 or 16GB?
    • Was it working when you first received the Deluge / card?
    • Do you remember what you did with it just before the card failed?
    • Had you ever used the Deluge's sample-recording or "resampling" (output-recording) features?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Rohan
    16GB card
    New deluge was working ok for a day
    Saved project when unit was turned back on kit 0 was corrupted. (toms and congas are now kicks)
    Never used resample

I have also just noticed that quite a few of the other kits have samples missing

Thanks

Mr_XMr_X United StatesPosts: 4

@rohan

So I have similar issues, however I know i am responsible for some of the problems. I imported samples and used the samples in songs. Later (stupidly) i renamed the folders to be 4 characters long so i could see them better in the display. After that, whenever i loaded songs i would get the "FILE" display and sounds would be missing because they couldn't be found as the path had changed, but the song would load. As time progressed it became harder and harder to load songs. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't. Last night i decide to go through all the songs and remove tracks that had missing parts. I decided to clear all the tracks "<> back" on song 0. After that I had no more songs.

Then I found this thread and copied the contents of my SD card to may desktop (see pic). The SD card has 4 Songs directories, all initialized, and my songs are gone.

Hope this helps you understand what going on.

@Mr_X said:
    @rohan

So I have similar issues, however I know i am responsible for some of the problems. I imported samples and used the samples in songs. Later (stupidly) i renamed the folders to be 4 characters long so i could see them better in the display. After that, whenever i loaded songs i would get the "FILE" display and sounds would be missing because they couldn't be found as the path had changed, but the song would load. As time progressed it became harder and harder to load songs. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't. Last night i decide to go through all the songs and remove tracks that had missing parts. I decided to clear all the tracks "<> back" on song 0. After that I had no more songs.

Then I found this thread and copied the contents of my SD card to may desktop (see pic). The SD card has 4 Songs directories, all initialized, and my songs are gone.

Hope this helps you understand what going on.

So i removed the extra song folders from the SD card and one of my added sample folders and suddenly the song folder has all my songs back. Bizarre. Now to go in and replace any missing samples.

Mr_X, what firmware version are you using? The exact problem you screenshotted suggests you might not be using the latest, V2.0.3 - I'd suggest you update.

Glad you got your files back - now would be a great time to back up your SD card!

@rohan said:
    Mr_X, what firmware version are you using? The exact problem you screenshotted suggests you might not be using the latest, V2.0.3 - I'd suggest you update.

Glad you got your files back - now would be a great time to back up your SD card!

V2.0... I'll get the update. There still are some random weirdness. For example sometimes my fav song loads without flaw, and other times it says "File" or "File" then "Corr" then "File". When that happens i have to re-map some samples in a kit.

BTW... I have a lot of gear and this is my favorite machine to date.

@Mr_X that's strange, there may be a bug. If you'd like to email me any song files which aren't loading, I'll investigate. rohan@synthstrom.com