Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Step Loop like in TR8S - press audition pad and tempo button to repeat that step

This is a great feature that is so easy to use and sounds so good in the TR8S.

Instead of using stutter, this could be applied to a track or the whole song by holding an audition pad and pressing the tempo button. While holding the pad, turning the tempo button could increase the division from 1/4 all the way to 1/64 or beyond. Release the button or pad, the effect is off. This would be why it would be different then stutter for the track or whole song - you wouldn't have to return to the starting point to get back to the uneffected song.

Unless I'm using stutter wrong, that is.

Comments

nosepeoplenosepeople United StatesPosts: 49

I'd rather be able to switch to a fill pattern on the fly. Repeated notes/hits machine-gun style with no variation (like the MPC note repeat) get old fast. With a fill pattern more interesting variations can be done.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@atimchak said:
    This is a great feature that is so easy to use and sounds so good in the TR8S.

Instead of using stutter, this could be applied to a track or the whole song by holding an audition pad and pressing the tempo button. While holding the pad, turning the tempo button could increase the division from 1/4 all the way to 1/64 or beyond. Release the button or pad, the effect is off. This would be why it would be different then stutter for the track or whole song - you wouldn't have to return to the starting point to get back to the uneffected song.

Unless I'm using stutter wrong, that is.

I like the UX idea but maybe I dont get what you mean but I dont see there needs to be "new" effect for audio repeat. Better control for Stutter has been mentioned a lot already. Most upvoted thread: http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/5540

@nosepeople said:
    I'd rather be able to switch to a fill pattern on the fly. Repeated notes/hits machine-gun style with no variation (like the MPC note repeat) get old fast. With a fill pattern more interesting variations can be done.

IMHO cross screen already does a great job for filling patterns and adding variations. Saying that, I believe the suggestion is about audio repeat and not note repeat.