Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Hello from Canada

WillWill Middle of NowHere, CanadaPosts: 236

I just wanted to say Hello.

I just got educated, saw the light and decided to dump my beloved Linnstrument and some of my other hardware and make the Deluge switch.

Very excited about it all.

I have been dealing with my Oscillator Fetish since the late 70's, and have owned a veritable Shipload of hardware synths over the years - from many assorted Moogs, a Rhodes Chroma, DX, Assorted Rolands, Oberheims, Novations, Emu Systems, Nord, Korg, Waldorf.........

Many, many, many years of producing, writing, engineering, arranging, touring, programming...
...and next year, I'm headed on on tour with an 80's band reunion, and plan to use the Deluge as part of my live rig.

Hope this finds you all well, and some of you can rip yourselves away from the Deluge to find time and enjoy a few minutes of summer.

Will

;0)

Canada

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Awesome, Will. You should be up to speed with the Deluge in no time, and considering your experience with the electronic world of kit, you could have some great ideas and new tips to share with us. :)

Yeah, it's all quite inspiring.

Just ordered my Deluge a few minutes ago.

Always looking forward to any new piece of gear which will push me in new directions.
    The adventure continues...

I'm just designing the kit I'll likely take on tour next year (drumming gig)
    Mock up photo attached.

Thanks for responding!

w

;0)

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Ive come very close, a few times now, to hitting the buy-now button on a Handsonic. Seems a good pal for the Deluge.

@minigoat said:
    Ive come very close, a few times now, to hitting the buy-now button on a Handsonic. Seems a good pal for the Deluge.

The Roland HPD20 has some great features, some killer samples, ok effects, etc. but in all honesty, I liked the overall feel of my old HPD15 quite a bit better, (and they go for much cheaper used). They had little ribbon controllers on each side, which were omitted on the model HPD20. The big reason that I switched, is that the HPD20 allows you to upload your own samples - a big bonus.
    If you can, I'd recommend renting from a music store or friend before you decide, as they have slightly different applications. The HPD15 pads have a silky mesh covering which allows your fingers/hands to glide - the HPD20 has a rougher, rubber surface...
    They're both very sensitive and great for performance...

Hope that long winded response helps.

Will

;0)

justindavidowjustindavidow Winnipeg, CanadaPosts: 16

Hello there fellow Canadian!

I've seen your other posts around the forum regarding having since GOT your Deluge; looking forward to hearing some of the awesome stuff you create with it!

Hello Justin in Winter Pole!

I'm a bit slammed with splitting firewood, etc. (and reading the manual) but I'm really excited by the time I've spent 'with my Delusions' thus far.
    I'm also busy preparing a library of samples to upload once the new software is released, allowing multi samples.

I hope things are good at your end.

(I worked with a band from Winnipeg back in the 80's and had a lot of great experiences there)

All the best,

Will - in British Columbia