Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sample Fixer Bash script

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Did some work on a script that aims to eradicate UNSUPPORTED messages in a nice way.
Cleans non-audio files, corrupt files and can ensure a minimal sample rate over all samples.

Don't know much about Deluge internal workings to say which sample rate and bit depth conversion is the best.

https://github.com/amiga909/deluge-synthstrom-utils

Happy to hear feedback. Thanks.

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296

Hey @amiga909 sorry this isnt about your new script exactly, as ive yet to try it, but you seem like someone who knows a thing or two about creating scripts.
    Im really wanting to create a script that scans all used samples in a song, copies them into a new folder and changes the file pathways to the new folder destination.
    What would i need to learn to do this?
    Are there basic .xml editor templates i can use to get the process working or would i need to start from scratch.
    I know nothing, ha! Is it a python script editing tool!?
    Any help would be cool and i know a bunch of people would find it useful, even if its just very basic.
    If its too much to explain, i understand. Even just a short list of keyword terms i could google on my own would be a start. Thanks!

Hi minigoat. I am not a Bash pro any means, longest Bash script I wrote...
    Very happy if you want to participate :) Yeah, that 'backup song' function is ony my mind too.
    To get all samples you can loop over all XMLs using 'find' and extract sample paths with grep. Similar to how I extracted audio format data (sample rate, bit depth, ..). You could rewrite sample paths in XMLs with 'sed'.
    However, there is more to do IMHO. Haven't looked at the way how presets in songs are handled. You might need to copy presets if they are used in multiple songs. But you don't want to clutter up presets with useless duplicates. Dont' know yet.

Some words about Bash.
    Bash is easy to use and u can do much in a few lines. Platform compatiblity is an issue. Also Bash is not suited for bigger projects. Probably as a next thing i will try doing a "fix missing samles" with https://github.com/shelljs/shelljs. NodeJS applications run on Mac, Windows and Linux and can be packed so they look like usual desktop applications.

edited July 2018

So its called bash, huh. Theres my start! Im on a windows 7 64bit machine. Im not trying to make it fully packed with features. Just aiming for that 1 task of collect all and save. If its something you're also trying to do but there just some routine leg work that you dont have time to do, i could just pick up the tedious parts if thats whats needed. Or even a simple task list that you know is whats needed that i could work from.
    Really, just being able to ask the one-off question or two of you is enough. 👍@amiga909 Can we pm on the forum here?

Post edited by minigoat on
    edited July 2018

Hi minigoat. Cool! Tasklist, well .. hard to say.. try to loop over all xmls and print their content for example. or you try running my scripts on Windows :)
    a mate just told me windows has a linux shell since windows10, so the bash scripts might work just fine. maybe some os specific fixes for path names and installing afinfo and afconvert manually does it.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    LunaNova7LunaNova7 Los AngelesPosts: 5

I have no idea how to implement any of this, but I know that it seems necessary for file management. Any help?

cool name @LunaNova7
    yeah, ive let life get in the way of sorting this out at the moment. it would be nice still, for sure. seems a rabbit hole im not up to chasing at the moment. here's hoping to someone with the extra time that wants to get the ball rolling where amiga909 has kicked it.

just a teaser :) works basically, now debugging and compatibility issues are next..

edited July 2018

:o <3 B) wizard! Awesome @amiga909 if it gets downloaded a lot, put up a donation link. Id toss you a few bucks for the effort in making this.

Post edited by minigoat on

lol no sweat chumr all sample paths are chill" haha

soon ready for download, chummer :)
    I ll probably remove the slang, it is due to reading Shadowrun novels (science fiction series from the 90ies) ;-)

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

@amiga909 said:

just a teaser :) works basically, now debugging and compatibility issues are next..

Hi is this ready yet ? im curious as it is still very needed
    tnx

edited February 2020

@SiccaViccA said:

@amiga909 said:

Hi is this ready yet ? im curious as it is still very needed
    tnx
    tnx

Don't have plans for the Standalone fix-missing-samples App.
    There never was much interest from the community, and I lost mine because that use case did not show up for me again. if there is more interest i might do a 3.0 update.
    what is your use case? you have a lot of missing files in your songs?

The sample fixer Bash script still works, i still use it.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

right now i got have missing file issues but once i begin to re-organize my folder im sure i will have a few ,lol so yeah please keep me in the loop n if got something that works on a mac im in ..been kinda hoping that the guys will add something new in an update to deal with file organization.