Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

COPY SAMPLE / AND possibly "NAME SAMPLE/SONG/FOLDERS..." using LEDs on sequencer/grid

as someone who is using this pretty much only as as sampler, i was really surprised to learn that its not possible to copy samples. ive never had a sampler that couldnt do this so i just assumed (i know) that it could.. its a sampler. for me being able to copy a sample is crucial. using the computer to do this is ok i guess..... but i was kind of buying this in order to get away from the computer when im making music. thats kind of the point of buying a hardware sampler.

as far as naming, this is just so helpful if you dont want to need to use a computer every time. michael bath had a good idea, that he sketched out - it could be possible to use the LEDs of the sequencer grid to make letters/numbers for naming samples (and songs ect..) . i wish i could find the mock-up he made, but im not seeing it. all that said, i know naming-samples isnt a must as one can hear samples when they audition them, but i know i was planning to fill this up with samples, and as time goes on, and you have hundreds and hundreds of samples, and tons of folders (with samples in them) used over many many songs... things just might get a bit messy. and thats why its so helpful to be able to simply name your samples.folders to me. the deluge is still useable without this, but if michael baths idea could be implented, that would be cool.

Comments