Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Not working properly

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

I’m using a W-03 card and v2.0 on the Deluge, I downladed and installed Downrush, I am not getting all of the functionality though, I can see all the folders, I can audition samples, but editing kits, songs etc does not work.

I tried a fresh download and reinstall but it doesn’t make a difference, here are a couple of screen shots:

Comments

Just following up in case anyone else has similar issues, I solved it by downloading the previous release and that one seems to work as expected on W-03 cards, although it won’t let me save edited samples back to the card.

jamiefayejamiefaye Chicago, ILBeta Tester Posts: 86
    edited July 2018

Some versions of DR are tripped-up by the earliestCompatibleFirmware tag. I have changed the way this works in the absolute latest. I just ordered a W03 card so I can test against that.

Post edited by jamiefaye on

Thanks Jamie!

Follow up - I just tried the latest version and it isn’t working properly (song graphics not loading etc.) so for now I have reverted to the version that I had working.

Can you send another screen shot?

Also, I now have a W03 card and am testing with that.

– Jamie

Thanks Jamie. Basically what happens is if I click on the song name the new tab opens, and the buttons for open etc appear, but the rest of the screen is blank. If I go back to main tab and click on the edit link in the song list the new tab opens with the xml text as expected. I have put the older version back on the card for now, but if you want me to test anything in particular on the new version I am happy to put the new version on the card again. For reference I tested it with Chrome on win7.

The plot thickens, I managed to get hold of a W04 card and the behaviour is the same, ie latest build not showing graphical screens on song, etc. So now I’m wondering if I have done something wrong, odd that the other earlier build works fine though.

Does the failure happen with old songs as well as new ones? Some areas (such as Midi and CV) I have not mastered fully yet, and I may be missing something in my own programming.

So to repeat, the File Manager works, the CodeMirror XML editor works, Waverly works, and the score/kit/synth view fails after showing the open/etc. button on the top?

– Jamie

Try switching-over to https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases/tag/1.0.0B14
    I turned on an error reporting dialog which may give me clues, so please let me know what the dialog says.

– Jamie

edited July 2018

@jamiefaye said:
    Does the failure happen with old songs as well as new ones? Some areas (such as Midi and CV) I have not mastered fully yet, and I may be missing something in my own programming.

So to repeat, the File Manager works, the CodeMirror XML editor works, Waverly works, and the score/kit/synth view fails after showing the open/etc. button on the top?

– Jamie

I could not get any songs kit or synth views, regardless of midi/cv or age, yes file manager, xml editor, and waverly and preview of samples was all working fine.

@jamiefaye said:
    Try switching-over to https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases/tag/1.0.0B14
    I turned on an error reporting dialog which may give me clues, so please let me know what the dialog says.

– Jamie

Ok I just put this version on the W03 and W04 cards and it worked perfectly on both, hurrah!

So in summary for reference:
    1.0.0B11 was the first version I tried and did not fully work on my W03 card
    1.0.0B10 I think was the version that did work
    1.0.0B14 Works on both the W03 and W04

Thank you for the software and the troubleshooting Jamie.

Post edited by darenager on

Damn, spoke too soon - kit creation is broken, see attached screenshot.

I will have to retest kit creation and get another fix out. They changed aspects of the format.

(Visiting mother at the moment).

– Jamie

No sweat Jamie, for now I’m using the earlier build just fine to make kits, enjoy your visit to your mother ;)