Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keeping zoom level per track

It seems that when changing the zoom level in a track, it also applies to all other tracks. This also happens automatically if you go to a track that "forces" the zoom to different level.

It would be nice if the zoom level is set and remembered per track, so if you change it in one track, the other tracks zoom levels aren't changed when you go back to them.

Comments

absolutely +1
    (currently the song view gets also affected if you zoom a track??)

VoltVolt Posts: 55

Yes, it's very annoying and confusing that we need to re-zoom the current track or song view.

bloombloom earthPosts: 12

just registered to mention a huge +1 :smile:
    its some kind of workflow killer for me if i always need to zoom in and out each page again and again.. each page (tracks+songs) should remember their individual zoom stages, please. :smiley:

Any chance that this will be fixed? :smile:

olicolic Posts: 15

it’s a bit strange that things like this (feels like a „bug“) are still in 1.4...

JahraJahra Posts: 17

i agree very much!

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 98

jap

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

MK_0MK_0 RPosts: 21

+1

still +1

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

This is a pretty big workflow killer. going back and forth between a 1 bar drum loop and a 8 bar chord progression pretty much guarantees that the zoom level will be wrong every single time.

The song view needs it's own zoom level
    The arranger view needs it's own zoom level
    Each of the tracks need their own zoom level

( also allow for zoom levels that would make the track shorter than 16 steps. it's OK to have a 4 step track if all I have on it are pads that are each 1 bar long anyway. )

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

+1

Personally I’d like to see zoom level and track length independent of each other, I find it a bit counter intuitive when shortening a track which is 16ths for the zoom level to jump automatically to 32nds without me wanting it to.

I agree that it would be much better if each track/view/song page had its own ‘sticky’ zoom level too.

i absolutely agree with o0_ and darenager. always re-zoom is a huge workflow killer. and editing track length and zoom level should be independent from each other. please make deluge more smart and logically.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

+1

intowhiteintowhite las vegasPosts: 9

+1

booyipbooyip UKPosts: 10

+1

drbourbondrbourbon ItalyBeta Tester Posts: 55

+1

bloombloom earthPosts: 12

hope it will be fixed

spyinzedarkspyinzedark FrancePosts: 5

+1