Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Pre-roll count in when recording

Would be great to press record and have four clicks to get ready to do the take from the start.

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    As an option though. Sometimes good sometimes not so...

Agreed.

edmoedmo USPosts: 2

A count in would be most appreciated. With longer melodic ideas that are many bars long, having to wait to cycle around is not great.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

I think you can easily create a count in by adding a track with a unique section set to play only once, then go to the next section (which should be the track you want to record). Now enter 4 notes of a rimshot in the count in track and start launching that section.

pikeypikey IrelandPosts: 17

I would love a count in for recording from line in, it would make recording in a guitar much easier if there was a count and a way to match the start and end of the sample record time with the current track. Perhaps this should be a separate feature request.

zorpppzorppp San FranciscoPosts: 1

This is very much needed

MonVieuxMilouMonVieuxMilou FrancePosts: 10

One convenient way of implementing it that I can think of:

• if you hit Record when the Deluge isn't playing, recording starts right away
    • if you hit Record when play mode is active, it should start recording at the next start of the sequence, and you would eventually have the option to use a looper function somehow.
This discussion has been closed.