Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Reading midi files

StormTrooper8StormTrooper8 NYCPosts: 7
edited May 2018 in General Discussion

Is it possible to read midi files? I'd like to upload some samples that are in midi format. Is there a way to save it to the SD card? If not what would be the recommended way to do this manually?

Post edited by StormTrooper8 on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

samples in midi format? you mean MIDI Sample Dump Standard I guess, wow that's a long time ago :) I fear most people have never even heard about it and you have to convert them with (I guess pretty old) pc software. just out of interest, what kind of samples do u have stored as sysex?

StormTrooper8StormTrooper8 NYCPosts: 7
    edited May 2018

Ah, I think I've asked the wrong question. I've bought a sample pack with .wav files. Each of the .wav files has a midi/.mid format equivalent to help user create custom versions of sequences with their own instruments. Normally I drag all of these in to Ableton, select a synth I like and start going down the line to see what I can work with. There are like 100 in this sample pack. I'd like to upload a bunch of these to separate tracks on the deluge. Does that make sense?

Post edited by StormTrooper8 on
    amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

ah :) no, there is no midi file import yet.