Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

CV & Gate

leemajorsleemajors AucklandPosts: 6

Has anyone been using their Deluge with CV & Gate yet?

I've just started playing around with controlling the Mother-32 with CV, rather than with midi, and it works sweet but I can't seem to get the clock stuff working right; the mother-32 tempo light just flashes super quick.

Tagged:

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi Lee! I've been using it a bit with the Moog Werkstatt. How were you connecting the Deluge and Mother 32 for your clock?

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

If you're outputting a trigger clock from the Deluge into the Mother-32 but the Mother-32 is interpreting the clock as being faster than you intended, you probably need to reduce the output PPQN - see the manual section on the settings menu.

leemajorsleemajors AucklandPosts: 6

@Sam I'm Using Gate 1 out from the Deluge into the Gate input, CV1 out into VCO 1V/Oct and as per the manual's suggestion I tried using Gate 4 out from the Deluge into the Tempo input, and went into the settings to set Gate 4 to Clock.

@rohan I had seen the mention of PPQN which was set to 24, but there doesn't seem to be a mention of the PPQN in the Mother-32 manual so wasn't sure what to set it to. However it didn't seem to have set the clock, the tempo light was flashing super fast but it was just going at the internal clock speed.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hmmm. Does it seem like the Moog is receiving the gate messages? Or does it behave like there's no gate plugged in at all? Does sending it a gate message alter it in any way?

Also are you using the Gate to try and clock the Mother 32's LFOs etc... or to trigger an envelope?

RGBeatmanRGBeatman Puerto RicoBeta Tester Posts: 1

@Sam Hello. Did you successfully control your Werkstatt with the Deluge? I haven't been able to calibrate the two correctly. Pith does not track correctly.