Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to set quantization?

Greetings fellow Delugians,

I need to know how to set quantization. I'm preparing a liveact and sometimes when I play some bass notes they get recorded like "in between" some of the beats. I need to know how to config the deluge in order to put the notes on the beats even if I play a note a little bit off them.

I hope u understand my question.

Francisco.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Hold shift and press the Select knob to enter Settings, go to QUANtize and set it :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

FranciscoArellanoFranciscoArellano ChilePosts: 10

@Icoustik said:
    Hold shift and press the Select knob to enter Settings, go to QUANtize and set it :)

Thank you, crystal clear.

Sweet!

WOLGASTWOLGAST GermanyPosts: 2

Hi! Can't find QUANtize (by hold Shift, press Select knob > go to QUAN) in newest FW Version 3.1.5
    Has it changed in 3.1.5 and moved to another place? Cant find it :(

Thanks a lot!

@WOLGAST said:
    Hi! Can't find QUANtize (by hold Shift, press Select knob > go to QUAN) in newest FW Version 3.1.5
    Has it changed in 3.1.5 and moved to another place? Cant find it :(

Thanks a lot!

Settings menu > RECO > QUANtize :)

WOLGASTWOLGAST GermanyPosts: 2

Yeah! Thank you very much! :))))) Have a nice day!

@WOLGAST said:
    Yeah! Thank you very much! :))))) Have a nice day!

No prob! Likewise :smiley:

mumblethiefmumblethief torontoBeta Tester Posts: 12

Oh interesting, so it used to be less button presses to get to? I'm surprised that it was moved down in the hierarchy.

Personally I find it's something I want to change quite frequently, to the degree that I've wondered why it didn't get a dedicated button over something like sync-scaling. Being such a versatile device, it makes a ton of sense that people approach it from different vectors, still, I often find myself surprised at the gaps between different folks' priorities Xo]

@mumblethief said:
    Oh interesting, so it used to be less button presses to get to? I'm surprised that it was moved down in the hierarchy.

Personally I find it's something I want to change quite frequently, to the degree that I've wondered why it didn't get a dedicated button over something like sync-scaling. Being such a versatile device, it makes a ton of sense that people approach it from different vectors, still, I often find myself surprised at the gaps between different folks' priorities Xo]

Its to make you use quantization less!

Nah, jk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or am I..? (≖͞_≖̥ )

( ◎_◎)

mumblethiefmumblethief torontoBeta Tester Posts: 12

@Icoustik said:

Its to make you use quantization less!

Nah, jk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or am I..? (≖͞_≖̥ )

( ◎_◎)

Haha, fair enough! I could see it having that effect, though it does the opposite for me. I generally prefer to default to no quantization at all, and want a quick way to toggle it on to varying degrees of subtlety when appropriate. As it is I just end up A: getting lightly frustrated by needing to disrupt my flow to dig through menus, B: staying in whatever quantization longer than I really want to because of the mental friction between toggling it off, or C: the reverse (staying unquantized, when it would really help to turn it on).

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Yeah I prefer the workflow on other machines where you can quantize (by a certain percentage) after recording, or add full quantization to a track/clip. For the Deluge, I just record without quantization and then adjust it afterwards or manually enter in notes I want on the grid.

lordofallbadgerslordofallbadgers Southwest UKPosts: 14

@Affectionate_Bee_781 said:
    For the Deluge, I just record without quantization and then adjust it afterwards or manually enter in notes I want on the grid.

yeah and how do you do that (#newb)?

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

Settings menu > RECO > QUANtize, turn to OFF.

When I say "adjust it afterwards" I just mean fix any bum notes. You can either nudge a note left or right on the grid (hold note and push down and turn on the <> knob) or just delete the note and the put it when you want.

discorulesdiscorules BrazilPosts: 38

Can you set quantization AFTER a track is recorded ? Let's say you recorded unquantized and want to apply sublte quantization, for instance.

lordofallbadgerslordofallbadgers Southwest UKPosts: 14

@Affectionate_Bee_781 said:
    Settings menu > RECO > QUANtize, turn to OFF.

When I say "adjust it afterwards" I just mean fix any bum notes. You can either nudge a note left or right on the grid (hold note and push down and turn on the <> knob) or just delete the note and the put it when you want.

You know what I love about this beautiful little machine - it was indeed that simple (nudging) that I found it about ten mins after asking doh. Thank you though.
    I do love that the deli gently points out it's not bang on. I had found a piano multisample on my hard drive and was playing it with my xkey so really glad I learnt how to nudge!