Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Master Compressor

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

Merged with Community Firmware!

This feature's implementation started with @Alter
GitHub Documentation | Documentation 2

Master Compressor
Allows a-per-project master compressor to be enabled and fine tuned.

In Song view, select 'Affect Entire' and SIDECHAIN modulation button, and adjust the upper gold knob. Push the upper gold knob to switch to the next setting (Threshold (dB), Makeup Gain (dB), Attack (ms), Release (ms), Ratio, MIX). The LEDs next to the knob act as a gain reduction meter.

This compressor function can be turned on/off in the runtime feature setting.

The button combinations and display in the video are different from the current implementation.

Discuss this feature, provide video/audio examples, etc.

Comments

WiegrafWiegraf Beta Tester Posts: 9

This is fantastic! I've wanted something like this for a long time since it means less time spent in the DAW for mastering!

SynthbertSynthbert GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 5
    edited November 2023

Just installed the latest community firmware and the master compressor seems gone. Anyone know how to keep track of changes like this?

Post edited by Synthbert on
    seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
    edited November 2023

@Synthbert said:
    Just installed the latest community firmware and the master compressor seems gone. Anyone know how to keep track of changes like this?

It’s still there it just changed. The usage is different and the OLED UI was removed (temporarily).

The old master compressor was more taxing on the deluge’s performance and so it necessitated some changes.

Best place for updates on changes is the community features documentation.

Post edited by seangoodvibes on
    DrGonzoDrGonzo MunichPosts: 5

So how can I enter the new master compressor menu?
    I am using community firmware 1.01 and when I klick on the sidechain knob in "song mode", it only shows ONE or FULL.

Greetings from Munich.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

ONE means a one knob compressor, just turn up that knob to increase the threshold (no need to click the sidechain knob first, just switch the sidechain/reverb parameter button, then turn up the upper knob). if you'd like to adjust the other values of the compressor (attack, ratio, release, hpf shelf) then you'll click down on the top gold knob to switch to FULL. now you can turn the bottom parameter knob to adjust RATIO or click down on the bottom parameter knob to switch to ATTACK, RELEASE, HPF SHELF, then back to RATIO (in that order)