Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Option to invert scrolling

Would love to be able to change the scrolling direction when I scroll to the right or left. The up and down feels the right way to me but the left and right feels backwards (to my preference)!!

Comments

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

Glad you mentioned it. It's up and down that are backwards to me. My brain is wired like a flight stick and all of my synths pitch wheels have been rewired to pitch down when pushed forward so I'm kinda kooky like that so I was afraid to ask.

The knob positions are counter-intuitive for me also. I always want to grab the Up/Down knob to go Left and Right for some reason.

Can we re-wire the polarity of the direction knobs?

funkymothersfunkymothers LondonPosts: 48

Thank you for posting this. For me it is up and down that is incredibly counter-intuitive. It would be great to be able to set both up/down as well as left/right individually.

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

Perhaps a "Calibrate Encoders" feature would be the best way to allow everybody to set things up however they want.

funktreefunktree NYPosts: 128

Soon or later as with other groove boxes out there ... there will be a few bucket/umbrellas where we the owners belong:

a) MUTE TRACK USERS ... using DELUGE live tweaks, live improv.. all live..
    b) RECORD ALL BARS USERS; Prepare as much as you can and then hit the play button
    c) DELUGE as standalone box
    d) DELUGE in middle of the studio setup (DAW, Multiple synths, seqeuncers)

you will have a lot of B+D or A+C combinations

The challenge will be to satisfy each group. Following will be very important to have in the future:

a) Default project settings
    b) More Options in the setting menu.

The only way to please both main user camps is to add more and more options to the setting menu. With the current firmware there is not much there: basic MIDI and CV stuff.

With machine as deep as DELUGE is, we do need a lot more preferences for sequencing, sound editing and overal workflow.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

@funktree
    e) All of the above.
    The Deluge will be the heart of my set up but I will defiantly be sharing it around with my colleagues and trying out their synths and drum machines too.
    But I see your point.
    It would be good to know all the limits of the Deluge, obviously there is the hardware restriction but is there a limit to how much code can the thing handle?