Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keyboard API and General Improvements

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

Merged with Community Firmware!

This feature's implementation started with @PaulFreund
GitHub Documentation

Keyboard API and General Improvements
1) Keyboard mode allows users to freely switch between all Clip types and get the first compatible layout. (Synth, Kit, Midi, CV)
2) Drum Keyboard View can now have all samples occupy as little as one pad per sample to 64 pads per sample (1x1 to 8x8 pad sections) with velocity levels distributed amongst the area of the sample’s section size.
3) New In-Key Keyboard layout option which removes any out of scale notes in Keyboard View.

Discuss this feature, provide video/audio examples, etc.

Comments

manysoundsmanysounds The GunksBeta Tester Posts: 43

More scales plllllllease

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105
    edited August 2023

That is excellent!!
    One thing that I’ve been wishing since day one is the ability to play chromatically in kit mode. I guess that modulating transpose with velocity would do the trick.
    Also, could we:

• allow doubling of sequence in keyboard view (having to leave keyboard view and come back to do so is cumbersome.)
    • also in keyboard view, make visible the play position in white while playing and in red while recording would be a nice touch. We now can only see where we are during recording.
    Post edited by Phil on
    EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

@Phil said:
    That is excellent!!
    One thing that I’ve been wishing since day one is the ability to play chromatically in kit mode. I guess that modulating transpose with velocity would do the trick.
    Also, could we:

• allow doubling of sequence in keyboard view (having to leave keyboard view and come back to do so is cumbersome.)
    • also in keyboard view, make visible the play position in white while playing and in red while recording would be a nice touch. We now can only see where we are during recording.

Exactly what I miss :-)

PaulFreundPaulFreund GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 11

Happy to hear you guys like it! Regarding play position and doubling I definitely want to improve in this area with live performance in focus. Regarding playing kit rows chromatically I feel like there is a conversion somewhere in the manual but maybe I'm imagining it.

This all looks really cool! At first I thought #3 does something I've been dying to have for ages, but on watching the video I think it's actually the other way around, is an option to have accidentals not become highlighted on the keyboard view. The current behavior is if I'm recording in, say, A minor and play a C#, now C# will be highlighted so I'll have C, C#, D all highlighted in a row. It can be a little confusing. It'd be great to leave that as an option for those who like it but to have another option where either the C# would remain unlit, or maybe lit much more dimly than the in scale notes.

Regardless, excited to try this once the community release comes out!