Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Round 2 for OLED deposits open, and timelines for Round 1 are up now

2»

Comments

n3ptun3sn3ptun3s GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 10
    edited March 2023

SA-82030 here. No information since order.
    Happy waiting, everybode :)

@djAzid said:
    My number is up now, so everyone else will get an email, sooner or later... :)

What was your number?

Post edited by n3ptun3s on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@n3ptun3s said:
    SA-82030 here. No information since order.
    Happy waiting, everybode :)

@djAzid said:
    My number is up now, so everyone else will get an email, sooner or later... :)

What was your number?

Now,,,,, B)

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

I just want to say THANK YOU for this upgrade, all worked really good for me doin the upgrade in the Netherlands!!

This was a very exceptional step you offered for your community, it is really not that self evident to upgrade hardware in this way and I mean you made this possible worldwide for everyone.
    Rohan and Ian (met him years ago on his "World Tour" in Cologne with just a handful of people) you are doin such a good job in develloping, organizing, caring on multiple platforms (personally I would like a stream party again..:-)

I´ve heard about calling back cars because of malfunction and releasing following up products (and letting the old ones die over time) but never ever did a company care about his product and the users like Synthstrom proofed in these crazy days (with shortage on electronic components etc.)

I wish you all the best down there in NZ, I am a so happy to have my Delli now for nearly 6 years here as the brain in my setup. missed it only for about a month in the Netherlands (unfortunately I have GAS now for a Majella Implexus...but thats another story ;-)

thumbs up from Eddy in Germany

m1k3om1k3o Los AngelesPosts: 2

@Ian_Jorgensen For those who have send their $50 deposit. When shall we receive updates on the status of upgrades. I sent my deposit over 2 months ago and have receive no updates by email or on this forum.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610
    edited April 2023

@m1k3o said:
    For those who have send their $50 deposit. When shall we receive updates on the status of upgrades. I sent my deposit over 2 months ago and have receive no updates by email or on this forum.

on the link in the first post of this thread:
    "| USA |
    Round 1 (Full): Nov 1, 2022 – Jul 15, 2023
    Round 2 (Full): Jul 16, 2023 – Oct 1, 2023
    Pay Deposit after Feb 1, 2023: Oct to Dec 2023"

sounds like you're in round 2 or possibly round 3 since you put a deposit in ~two months ago. you have from july 16th to oct 1st to hear a response when it's your turn to send your deluge, if you paid after feb 1st then it's sometime between oct-dec 2023

Post edited by reza on
    arczi79arczi79 AustraliaPosts: 4
    edited May 2023

Is the second round for Australia finished? :( :'( :'(
    Any news about third round?

Post edited by arczi79 on
    arczi79arczi79 AustraliaPosts: 4

@arczi79 said:
    Is the second round for Australia finished? :( :'( :'(
    Any news about third round?

What will happen if I pay 50$ deposit now? Will I lost my money or will I be included in third round when it comes?

CramCram UKBeta Tester Posts: 3

Have the UK retrofits restarted ?

denkyuudenkyuu United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

What's the window to respond when my order comes up? I ordered from the US, but I'm going to be in Norway for a month soon and was planning on bringing my deluge. But it might be complicated (or impossible) to mail from Norway.

If my order comes up while I'm gone, can I hold my place in line?

shoodashooda UKBeta Tester Posts: 10

@yamaciller said:
    I am also still waiting for any news. I paid the upgrade September 2022 but havent got anything except the 'received deposit' info.
    Would be delighted if someone can help on that.
    All the best.

I too been waiting as patiently as I can since early October 202. Some information on the plan would be gratefully received.

Cheers :)

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Surprised not to see more queue chat! Is everyone here just Very Patient?

No criticism of anyone, great that Synthstrom are doing upgrades, just wondering.... am I, like, the last person to get called up from UK Wave One?

MoonWolfMoonWolf United KingdomPosts: 50
    edited August 2023

I paid my deposit on October 10th 2022. I'm really trying to be patient, but should I not have heard something by now?
    I'm in the UK...
    @Ian_Jorgensen please?

[edit] odd that this post appears in the middle of the thread and not at the end, too... :/

Post edited by MoonWolf on
    edited August 2023

@MoonWolf said:
    I paid my deposit on October 10th 2022. I'm really trying to be patient, but should I not have heard something by now?
    I'm in the UK...
    @Ian_Jorgensen please?

[edit] odd that this post appears in the middle of the thread and not at the end, too... :/

sorted out the comment ordering!

here's the schedule for retrofits in UK:
    | UK |
    Round 1 (Full): Feb to mid-Aug 2023
    Round 2 (Full): mid-Aug to Oct 2023
    Pay Deposit after May 10, 2023: Oct-Nov 2023
    (Why UK has experienced delays)

you are in Round 2 since you paid after Sept 23rd and before May. you should receive an email when it's your turn to send your Deluge as soon as this week but could come as late as October 2023.

Post edited by reza on
    gnozognozo FrancePosts: 16

Hi there !

I've been happy and excited about the OLED retrofit for some time, and got a deposit a few days after the 10/05 deadline. Like many of you guys, I can't wait, but I have to. While waiting, lots of questions arose, which have I thought others could have run into, or have some ideas about.

I got my machine in 2018, and it changed my workflow totally. I came to rely almost entirely on the Deluge for making film music as well as for doing live shows. It's great, but it's also a bummer when some encoders or pads start to respond a little weird. So I'm waiting for the upgrade to get it refurbished, and crossing my fingers it will hold out until then.

_Typical questions from an eager numeric Deluge owner :
    _

• How long does upgrading / replacing some parts of the machine usually take in the EU area ?
    • If I have some gigs booked when an availability slot opens up, can it be rescheduled?
      These are important questions, and while it's understandably impossible to give solid official answers, perhaps people who have gone through the process could share their experience.

_Deluge solidarity :
    _
    While it would be reassuring to get a spare machine, I can hardly afford that. Have(n't) Deluge users formed tight communities somewhere in the world ? Because the machine works with a handy SD card, it would not be absurd to lend each other our machines when we face harsh material circumstances. I live in France, and would be glad to chat with some of my fellow Deluge coreligionists.

_Oblique strategies :
    _
    Have some people come up with smart strategies to sort of compensate for the loss of a Deluge ?

I'm guessing tons of users have experienced traumatizing scenarios, from petty theft to dramatic falls, resulting in the inability to use the machine normally. In some cases, it would be completely impossible to remedy (people relying only internal synths for instance). In some others, with a lot of hard work and many crucial compromises, it might be possible to migrate some samples, sets, loops, tracks, parts and arrangements to an external device. I've often tinkered with this idea, especially because I spend a lot of time recording timed arrangements track by track for film soundtracks that I mix in my DAW (hail to the Reaper). I'm guessing some compositions could be performed from Deluge samples. Which framework / workflow would seem the most interesting or relevant to you guys, in order to stay as close as possible to the Deluge logic ?

Finally, since the Deluge code has been open sourced, I've kept wondering if some talented programmers had considered implementing a Deluge emulator. Like @Bolgani 's DELUGEATOR, it would speak the same language as Deluge, and it would enable folks to run their projects using the sound engine + SD card data. Not a coder myself, this seems like a huge endeavor, but I've seen other brands output such gizmos to advertize their product, so I'm under the naive impression that it would not be entirely impossible. Am I way off ?

Have fun and keep encoding while waiting !

@gnozo said:

• How long does upgrading / replacing some parts of the machine usually take in the EU area ?
    • If I have some gigs booked when an availability slot opens up, can it be rescheduled?
      These are important questions, and while it's understandably impossible to give solid official answers, perhaps people who have gone through the process could share their experience.

i think expecting 5 days to 2 weeks from sending it to receiving it back is a safe bet. i don't know exact times locations outside of mine.
    if it's time to send in ur deluge you will be able to push the date to whatever time later as long as you communicate it should be no problem.

gnozognozo FrancePosts: 16

@reza said:

@gnozo said:

i think expecting 5 days to 2 weeks from sending it to receiving it back is a safe bet. i don't know exact times locations outside of mine.
    if it's time to send in ur deluge you will be able to push the date to whatever time later as long as you communicate it should be no problem.

Thanks for this ! Excellent news, by the way.

I'm trying to fullfill the balance to get my retrofit going but the website link leads to a dead end with a password field (that I'm not supposed to fill in, I know) :
    https://synthstrom.com/product/balance-payment-retrofit/
    How does this work? I feel dumb.

Also: @Phoebus1966 did you get any response/insurance money? I live in NL and am a bit anxious now to sent off my precious deluge...

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

I'm trying to fullfill the balance

You will get an email w/ the link and a password. If you haven't got it, just wait a bit longer.

yeah I'm an idiot and did read the mail correctly. thanks for commenting though!

kenzgbrkenzgbr UKPosts: 1
    edited September 2023

Not to wish more work on the guys, but if you haven't already considered the retrofit then for goodness sake just do it. I recently received my retrofitted Deluge back (UK based) and I have to say that for me it's a game changer. Just being able to see longer sample names and instrument patches is fantastic, and the common sense display of parameters as you work has meant the Deluge has returned to its rightful place as the brains of my DAWless / live performance setup. Bravo guys.!

Post edited by kenzgbr on
    SantodeluxeSantodeluxe United StatesPosts: 8

Just wanted to say that my (US) retrofit experience was very easy and satisfying. The whole process took roughly 2 weeks to send out and get back.

Thanks!

OszilloOszillo -Posts: 26
    edited September 2023

when this schedule is official as read above..
    Europe
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – May 15, 2023 (period extended a little from April 15 as initially forecast)
    Round 2: May 16, 2023 – June 16, 2023
    i can't hide some nervousness something went wrong, my OLED upgrade order #821** deposit was payed 16th sept 2022. Any idea what is the "correct" way to be in the cue? I expected i get an email, as the order confirmation also reached me assuming all was fine waiting for notice. Now not even any information whats going on..
    The time passing has a legal implications in EU which are not in favour of the costumer. So at least expected proper information flow.

Post edited by Oszillo on
    edited October 2023

@Oszillo the schedule for Europe has been updating from what you have (check the link in the first post of this thread):

| EUROPEAN CUSTOMS UNION | (Including Norway and Switzerland*)

Round 1 (Full): Nov 1, 2022 to Aug 1 2023
    Round 2 (Full): Aug 1, 2023 to Oct, 2023
    Pay Deposit after May 10, 2023: Oct to Dec 2023

that being said, it seems like if you did pay a deposit for Round 1 you should have received an email already. i would double check your email, spam, etc to see if you received any update. otherwise, I think emailing/contacting Synthstrom is justified since it is months past your window: https://synthstrom.com/contact/

Post edited by reza on
    OszilloOszillo -Posts: 26
    edited October 2023

that spam folder excuses are awful in away even tho knowing the hints was meant friendly advice, because how was a costumer able to receive the bill the first place then. So the mail is functioning somewhat super clear, i even mentioned my order number which i could not have without functioning mail box.

I regularly receive community newsletter, received bill and order number and co all with the same mailbox. So its not the mailbox for sure.

Apart from that it should be self explaining that when someone takes depost and does not use it or has no intent to go further steps in a reasonable time frame at least a notice about further steps is to be expected or as last resort paying back the deposit. Otherwise it would become no deposit but a scam, yes not nice that something like this has to be written here.

Information should include in which "round" some order number is sheduled instead of picking up costumer after costumer one by one. Otherwise the announcement of any round is hypothetical information.

Dont get this wrong, i'd love to solve that. But the bad communication leads to some implications that are not pleasant as i expect the machine out of service for a couple of weeks i do also not use it further in studio. It sleeps in a corner, also not taking honest part in the open source community even tho i had a lot to share. And i bet i am not the only one with such "problematic" state.

So rather would expect that this gets properly addressed by synthstrom - saying this here is not really a community issue. The point is if i write an email i create work load that takes time on the manufacturer side to solve one case, which leads to mounting time needed to fix even more cases.

wrote a mail.

Post edited by Oszillo on
    wölfinwölfin austriaPosts: 2

Just paid mah dep. Guess there is a lot time for a lot of coffee til anything happens. Nevertheless very excited. Puts moka pot on stove.

wölfinwölfin austriaPosts: 2

Luigi (that is my device) just found his way home. The OLED is awesome. Everything seems fine. Thank you Ian for the nice e-mails when i paniced.

This is a stupid question, but I understand you need to pay deposit of $50, then its 169.50 for the remaining.

| UK |
    Pay Deposit after Nov, 2023: queue is generally 2-3 weeks

Remaining costs:
    Shipping: $20.50
    Balance of Retrofit cost: $149USD (for orders after Feb 1)

seany_morseany_mor UkPosts: 1

These pricings and timings are accurate, in my experience. A warning though - I paid $20.50 for postage but the company carrying out the upgrade (Sarah Jury, Synthprof in Suffolk) returned using "Royal Mail Tracked 24" for £3.99 with only £150 insurance cover. I sent it with Special Delivery and £750 cover. The instructions say about the postage "(We will refund you the difference in the actual cost)”.

I contacted Synthstrom about this difference several times in the last month and have had no reply. When I was paying for the upgrade - responses were swift. So, I feel I was ripped off and, now, ignored. It has basdly tarnished my view of the company..

@seany_mor said:
    These pricings and timings are accurate, in my experience. A warning though - I paid $20.50 for postage but the company carrying out the upgrade (Sarah Jury, Synthprof in Suffolk) returned using "Royal Mail Tracked 24" for £3.99 with only £150 insurance cover. I sent it with Special Delivery and £750 cover. The instructions say about the postage "(We will refund you the difference in the actual cost)”.

I contacted Synthstrom about this difference several times in the last month and have had no reply. When I was paying for the upgrade - responses were swift. So, I feel I was ripped off and, now, ignored. It has basdly tarnished my view of the company..

This makes me VERY nervous to get the upgrade in the UK!
    I wish there was a way to drop off and pick up in person. Our postal system is not to be trusted these days