โ€บ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Samples From Mars .XML files

Hello Delly Friends,

I've recently had some time to set up some of the Samples From Mars multisample presets and kits. All the .xml files that I've created are available at the link below. I hope it helps some of you.

The file hierarchy I've used for synths is...

SAMPLES > Multisamples > OB From Mars/Soviet Synths From Mars/VP330 From Mars etc.

For kits it is...

Drums > -Curated Kits > 808 From Mars/DMX From Mars/Jupiter Drums From Mars etc. etc.

Beyond this I just copy and pasted the WAVs from the sample pack downloads and used the filing system that was already present.

I hope this makes sense and I've used the correct permissions in the Google Drive link. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll sort it out as quickly as possible.

I'll also add to this as and when I decide to expand my palette (I got the whole SFM library when it was on sale).

Happy music making!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10TY35u-L5h6ayGgoGzuitd115ztaEVYh?usp=sharing

ยซ1

Comments

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31

Nice! ๐Ÿ‘

oneANToneANT ษนวpun uสop puษlPosts: 73

..big sloppy kisses

ant

norisoundsnorisounds swedenBeta Tester Posts: 28

Thanks so much!!
    Do these use the SfM Essentials samples or the full mulitsamples?

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

very nice! Thank you very much. For the synths I can also recommend the software "Preset Maker". Makes the whole process much faster...
    Unfortunately the "Kit Maker" software is not suitable yet for Deluge Kits. It has to be updated by the developer.

Can you make a note in this thread when you add some more downloads?

moulfritmoulfrit BelgiqueBeta Tester Posts: 24

Very cool, but.....where is the samples folder ?

Thank you

@moulfrit said:

Thank you

there is no sample folder available. you have to buy the corresponding sample packs from Samples from Mars.

hamptoniohamptonio Posts: 23

@Hannes said:

@moulfrit said:

Thank you

there is no sample folder available. you have to buy the corresponding sample packs from Samples from Mars.

They periodically have sales where their whole collection is $60 or so, which I think is totally worth it.

I got it for 30$ last black friday. Totally worth it!

@norisounds said:
    Thanks so much!!

For anyone interested, the drums use the Essentials and the multisamples the full sfm samples.

ogabanaogabana Posts: 1

Thanks

0xF00xF0 Earth, Solar SystemBeta Tester Posts: 15

Hrm, forgive my evident unfamiliarity with samples, but, taking the 808 Samples From Mars as an example, can you post what the folder hierarchy from the root of the SD card should be, including the wav files? Its not at all clear to me...

Expand the "spoiler" for details about hierarchies and directory structure pertinent to the question:

When I unpack the SfM 808 From Mars zipfile, I get a ton of folders, like so:

808 From Mars/
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Ableton Live
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Battery
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Docs
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ FL Studio
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Groove
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Kontakt
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Logic EXS
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ MPC1000 & MPC2500
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Maschine
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Reason NN-XT
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ SFZ
    โ””โ”€โ”€ WAV

And in the WAV subdir there's another hierarchy that goes way deep:

808 From Mars/WAV/
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Individual Hits
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Bass Drum
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 02. Snare Drum
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 03. Low Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 04. Mid Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 05. Hi Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 06. Low Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 07. Mid Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 08. Hi Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 09. Rim Shot
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 10. Hand Clap
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 11. Claves
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 12. Maracas
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 13. Cowbell
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 14. Cymbal
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 15. Open HH
    โ”‚ย ย  โ””โ”€โ”€ 16. Closed HH
    โ””โ”€โ”€ 02. Kits
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Clean Kit 01
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 02. Clean Kit 02
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 03. Cleancut Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 04. MPC Dirt Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 05. Heavy Sat Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 06. Subby Toms Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 07. Tight & Crisp Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 08. Distorted Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 09. Toms N Color
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 10. Quirky Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 11. Fortune Kit
        โ””โ”€โ”€ 12. MPC Chromatic

And under those are a bunch of subfolders that ultimately have WAV files in them.

Your 808 From Mars zipfile on Google just has a bunch of XML files in it.

So I'm confused where to put what to make it work on the SD card.

I really don't ever work with samples so this is all new to me, I just want to play my SfM drums from the Deluge! Thanks!

Oh, and could I put in a request (please!) for LM1 from Mars, S612 from Mars, and Synare? <3

TheBadPalaceTheBadPalace WhanganuiPosts: 11

@0xF0 said:
    Hrm, forgive my evident unfamiliarity with samples, but, taking the 808 Samples From Mars as an example, can you post what the folder hierarchy from the root of the SD card should be, including the wav files? Its not at all clear to me...

Expand the "spoiler" for details about hierarchies and directory structure pertinent to the question:

When I unpack the SfM 808 From Mars zipfile, I get a ton of folders, like so:

808 From Mars/
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Ableton Live
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Battery
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Docs
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ FL Studio
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Groove
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Kontakt
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Logic EXS
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ MPC1000 & MPC2500
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Maschine
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ Reason NN-XT
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ SFZ
    โ””โ”€โ”€ WAV

And in the WAV subdir there's another hierarchy that goes way deep:

808 From Mars/WAV/
    โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Individual Hits
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Bass Drum
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 02. Snare Drum
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 03. Low Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 04. Mid Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 05. Hi Tom
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 06. Low Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 07. Mid Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 08. Hi Conga
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 09. Rim Shot
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 10. Hand Clap
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 11. Claves
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 12. Maracas
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 13. Cowbell
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 14. Cymbal
    โ”‚ย ย  โ”œโ”€โ”€ 15. Open HH
    โ”‚ย ย  โ””โ”€โ”€ 16. Closed HH
    โ””โ”€โ”€ 02. Kits
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 01. Clean Kit 01
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 02. Clean Kit 02
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 03. Cleancut Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 04. MPC Dirt Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 05. Heavy Sat Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 06. Subby Toms Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 07. Tight & Crisp Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 08. Distorted Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 09. Toms N Color
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 10. Quirky Kit
        โ”œโ”€โ”€ 11. Fortune Kit
        โ””โ”€โ”€ 12. MPC Chromatic

And under those are a bunch of subfolders that ultimately have WAV files in them.

Your 808 From Mars zipfile on Google just has a bunch of XML files in it.

So I'm confused where to put what to make it work on the SD card.

I really don't ever work with samples so this is all new to me, I just want to play my SfM drums from the Deluge! Thanks!

Oh, and could I put in a request (please!) for LM1 from Mars, S612 from Mars, and Synare? <3

So for the 808 the hierarchy I've used is as follows...

XML Files

_KITS>808 Clean/808 Clean 1/808 Quirky etc.
    _

WAV Files

SAMPLES>Drums>-Curated Kits>808 From Mars>01. Clean Kit 01/02. Clean Kit 02/10. Quirky Kit etc.

(Anything beyond the 'SAMPLES' folder is kind of arbitrary and basically how I've set up my deluges filing system)

As for taking requests, you might be waiting a while. I created these in order to strip back my sound palette as I only have a couple of kits/synths from each sample pack. I only did a whole bunch because I was forced to rest recently. It's incredibly easy and straightforward process though and once you do it a couple of times it's just the time it takes that becomes the burden.

@norisounds said:

@norisounds said:
    Thanks so much!!

For anyone interested, the drums use the Essentials and the multisamples the full sfm samples.

Thanks for answering this on my behalf! :tongue: I'm not that familiar with posting on the forum so my replies are a little slow.

@Hannes said:
    very nice! Thank you very much. For the synths I can also recommend the software "Preset Maker". Makes the whole process much faster...
    Unfortunately the "Kit Maker" software is not suitable yet for Deluge Kits. It has to be updated by the developer.

Can you make a note in this thread when you add some more downloads?

I sure will!

0xF00xF0 Earth, Solar SystemBeta Tester Posts: 15
    edited April 2023

@TheBadPalace said:

XML Files

_

Do you mean that all the .xml files are just stacked flat under KITS? Or is the trailing slash / you use there indicating a new folder under that?

WAV Files

SAMPLES>Drums>-Curated Kits>808 From Mars>01. Clean Kit 01/02. Clean Kit 02/10. Quirky Kit etc.

Ok, so I ignore the "01. Individual Hits" folder and just copy the contents of 02. Kits into the SAMPLES/Drums/-Curated Kits/808 From Mars/ Folder (creating it, of course) ? Is the leading dash - character on -Curated Kits intentional or a typo?

(Anything beyond the 'SAMPLES' folder is kind of arbitrary and basically how I've set up my deluges filing system)

I assume if the files aren't in the expected hierarchy according to the .xml, then the samples can't be found, right?

As for taking requests, you might be waiting a while. I created these in order to strip back my sound palette as I only have a couple of kits/synths from each sample pack. I only did a whole bunch because I was forced to rest recently. It's incredibly easy and straightforward process though and once you do it a couple of times it's just the time it takes that becomes the burden.

How did you do it? Is it easy to describe so someone else can do it too?

Thanks!

Post edited by 0xF0 on

@TheBadPalace said:

@norisounds said:

@norisounds said:
    Thanks so much!!

Thanks for answering this on my behalf! :tongue: I'm not that familiar with posting on the forum so my replies are a little slow.

No worries, I am also new here :smile:
    I figured I would answer my own question after I doenloaded the files.

@0xF0 said:

@TheBadPalace said:

XML Files

_

Do you mean that all the .xml files are just stacked flat under KITS? Or is the trailing slash / you use there indicating a new folder under that?

WAV Files

Ok, so I ignore the "01. Individual Hits" folder and just copy the contents of 02. Kits into the SAMPLES/Drums/-Curated Kits/808 From Mars/ Folder (creating it, of course) ? Is the leading dash - character on -Curated Kits intentional or a typo?

I assume if the files aren't in the expected hierarchy according to the .xml, then the samples can't be found, right?

How did you do it? Is it easy to describe so someone else can do it too?

Thanks!

You can open the xml files on any text editor and see the file pathways.

I am planning on writing a Python script to batch change the pathways in the xml files as I prefer to have my own file system.

I will share that here when its done. I dont have a time frame for that though.

cassbob2cassbob2 belgiumPosts: 9

Something i don't understand, i have much more sample in my kit wav folder, for exemple, SYS100M From Mars, i have 30 subfolder and in each of them have 60+ sample...

edited June 2023

***Edit

I have left team Deluge now and will be removing these from my dropbox. Be great if someone else can share these xml files. So long and thanks for all the fish :)

Let me know if I am hijacking this thread, otherwise I can start a new one.

I batch converted all the Samples from Mars Essentials drum kits and the xml files are attached here. Note that these are not the full multisamples but rather just the kit folders with 16 drum samples.

I couldnt attach the .zip file to this post, so here is the dropbox link (edit: removed)

The zip file can be placed in your KITS folder. I have an OLED now, so I put the underscore so this kit is at the top of the list.

As for the samples. Make a folder on your sdcard inside SAMPLES/DRUMS called _SfM and put all your Samples from Mars drum packs in there . Note: This folder cannot be renamed, otherwise the kits wont work. I put the underscore there so it is not buried in the samples folder.

Voila. You should now have 133 packs of drum kit goodness.

Post edited by norisounds on
    xstatquoxstatquo California, USAPosts: 8

That is awesome- thanks for doing the work of setting these up!
    J

@norisounds said:

I batch converted all the Samples from Mars Essentials drum kits and the xml files are attached here. Note that these are not the full multisamples but rather just the kit folders with 16 drum samples.

I couldnt attach the .zip file to this post, so here is the dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnavab76puk0mgv/_SfM.zip?dl=0

The zip file can be placed in your KITS folder. I have an OLED now, so I put the underscore so this kit is at the top of the list.

As for the samples. Make a folder on your sdcard inside SAMPLES/DRUMS called _SfM and put all your Samples from Mars drum packs in there . Note: This folder cannot be renamed, otherwise the kits wont work. I put the underscore there so it is not buried in the samples folder.

To be totally clear, these are just the xml files for deluge. You need to own the Samples from Mars kits.

@xstatquo said:
    That is awesome- thanks for doing the work of setting these up!
    J

No problems :smile:

It didnt take that long to write the R script as I had most of the code. Am working on a script to convert MPC drum keygroups to Delgue xml. Will post that too at some point.

mrfrosteemrfrostee Beta Tester Posts: 2

Thanks for generating and sharing the XML files.
    Can you make the R script that you used to generate them available?

edited April 2023

Hi, I just realized that the earliest compatible firmware version you need for these xml files to work is "4.1.0-alpha". All firmware before that (which is basically all WITHOUT the new screen) won't work! This corresponds to the xml files that were shared by the OP of this thread.

Am I right about this?!

Post edited by Hannes on

@mrfrostee said:
    Thanks for generating and sharing the XML files.
    Can you make the R script that you used to generate them available?

Yes! Been a bit busy here but I will try to post it here in the next few days.

@Hannes said:
    Hi, I just realized that the earliest compatible firmware version you need for these xml files to work is "4.1.0-alpha". All firmware before that (which is basically all WITHOUT the new screen) won't work! This corresponds to the xml files that were shared by the OP of this thread.

Am I right about this?!

They work fine on my non oled and oled deluges

@norisounds said:

I couldnt attach the .zip file to this post, so here is the dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnavab76puk0mgv/_SfM.zip?dl=0

Hi,
    I think I found a mistake in your xml files. At least for some of them, the sample file name is not equal to what the samples are named in the SfM Downloads (at least for the SfM download I have).

Example: 2600 From Mars 01. Kit 1.xml
    --> in the xml file a sample is called e.g. "BD 2600 01.wav"
    --> in the download from SfM this file is called "BD_2600_01.wav"

Or did SfM change the names of their samples at some point in history?

You may check for it. Would be great to know.

Best
    Hannes

edited April 2023

@norisounds said:

@Hannes said:

Am I right about this?!

They work fine on my non oled and oled deluges

mmmmh. strange. I got problems with them. when I try to load one, Deluge says "card" . And the xml file states: "earliestCompatibleFirmware="4.1.0-alpha"

Post edited by Hannes on

The easiest would be if I shared the R script and you can run them on your sfm samples as the script generates the xml files directly from the sample names.

You can then use your own .xml file as the template. I was using the default 808 kit from the factory library. pretty sure it was for non-oled as I didnt own the oled when i wrote the script.

@norisounds said:
    The easiest would be if I shared the R script and you can run them on your sfm samples as the script generates the xml files directly from the sample names.

You can then use your own .xml file as the template. I was using the default 808 kit from the factory library. pretty sure it was for non-oled as I didnt own the oled when i wrote the script.

yeah would be nice although I am not too experienced with R. And what is your opinion on the xml files of the OP? I tested once again just a minute ago and it won't work for me. I double checked the file paths etc....

ยซ1