Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Step Jump....how to?

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

I really like to work on the Deluge like this:

i think it is possible with the features the Deluge already has....I want to elaborate this with the help of experienced and interested Delugionists
First Question: Is it a spliced sample that is distributed over the track pads on the Electribe?

Comments

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    No. The step jump on the tribes is a sequencer effect. Meaning, its not from chopped samples but triggering the 16th note divisions of the pattern sequencer. It can be done on the synth version also.
    This video is demostration something of an undocumented "glitch" you could take atvantage of by using the pad's gate arp function while in step jump mode.
    Step jump is definitely one of my fav features of the newest tribes.
    The Deluge cant retrigger its playback / transport without stoping and restarting play, as far as I know. Maayyybe by some creative external midi setup you could pull it off?
    Im still green with the machine tho so, maybe someone more clever has discovered a way to do something similar?
    VJFranzKVJFranzK Los Angeles USABeta Tester Posts: 129
    edited May 2018

"Step jump" is really interesting after you get your mind around it! ( Also exists on the Volcas, as below. ) But it does also have it's flaws - it's easy to "skip a beat" within the song, and people may hear it.

Eventually it would be nice to have a feature like this with better control on Deluge, but we are dealing with a more complicated machine here - different loops could possibly be in different positions.

At this point, you could make a lot of varations of your beat structure within one file,
    and switch between them while holding Shift for instant changes.

Post edited by VJFranzK on

Music, Visuals, Reviews of Synths, Drum Machines, Apps
    YouTube: VJFranzK

mankimanki Montréal, Qc, CanadaPosts: 4

i would love step jump (step loop in roland gear) to be implemented in the deluge, i'm thinking of getting an additional drum machine just for this feature alone, instant drum fills, was it ever in the plans for the deluge ?

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

Step-jump looks better than boring stutter effects. I think it could be implemented as an audio effect instead of a sequencer effect, like the OP-Z's tape effect.

mankimanki Montréal, Qc, CanadaPosts: 4
    edited December 2022

Could be as simple as holding a few steps of a track in song view and it loops among those on that track. Would be tricky as an audio effect because you would have to step jump the whole song instead of just the drum track for instance, would also require to buffer everything into audio at all times just in case you use the effect. I think it's simpler in the OP-Z because it records to audio i think right ?

Post edited by manki on