Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge freezing A LOT since FW 4.0

2»

Comments

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@jscheel said:
    I've renamed all of my samples to remove underscores, and I've deleted the temp files the deluge creates. But it still crashes repeatedly on my samples. I have one pack that it inevitably will crash on almost immediately every single time. I can provide a copy the Synthstrom for testing if they would like.

If the samples are coptrighted (and you can't share them here), you should contact ian directly. Maybe he can figure out what's going on.

jscheeljscheel Nashville, TNBeta Tester Posts: 6

@djAzid said:

@jscheel said:
    I've renamed all of my samples to remove underscores, and I've deleted the temp files the deluge creates. But it still crashes repeatedly on my samples. I have one pack that it inevitably will crash on almost immediately every single time. I can provide a copy the Synthstrom for testing if they would like.

If the samples are coptrighted (and you can't share them here), you should contact ian directly. Maybe he can figure out what's going on.

Yep, I've done so. Haven't heard back yet, but it was the weekend, so I'm not in a rush. It's pretty easy to replicate, so I wanted to make sure that they had a reproducible test case.

Ok, 100% it is the length of the filename (having factored out unsupported characters). I created copies of the same sample with different name iterations, going from 1 character to 20. I crashes repeatedly on the 20th character. Possibly a buffer overflow caused by an unbounded string copy of the filename into whatever display buffer they are using to show the filename when the pad is auditioned. I sent my findings directly to Ian, so hopefully that helps with something!

Just an update, Ian got back to me, and they have a firmware in beta testing now that deals with the long filename issue. Fingers crossed!

albuquerq_reuelalbuquerq_reuel BrasilPosts: 10

Pretty disappointed. I received mine this week and it consistently crashed every day at least once. Not only loading files with long names (if that's still a thing). It crashed when I was jamming, creating patches, loading samples to kits... I've lost at least one patch and 2 jams now. Need to develop a habit of saving like EVERY minor thing I do so I won't lose so much (that's not a good workflow). Pretty pretty pretty disappointed with the Deluge right now.

The behavior of the crash is it freezes and buzzes very loud. It's a huge NO using this thing on stage, it would embarass me so to buzz the crowd out of my concert if you could imagine.

PrntsPrnts Posts: 10
    edited March 2023

Mine crashes pretty much anytime I’m scrolling through samples or kits since I got it back from the retrofitting. I believe it must be on the most up to date firmware. The only thing I’m wondering may be an issue is the size of my sd card. I am using a 128gb card.

I’m seeing that there is a different factory set for the led version though so I’m going to swap that part out on the card to see if it stops the crashes as you guys have pointed out the problem with the underscores.

And to my surprise it seems there is no difference aside the synth presets being named on the new version. From the post above I’m wondering if removing underscores will even help me at all. I also am wondering if you do remove those underscores if it breaks the kits?

Post edited by Prnts on
    Delay_DudeDelay_Dude GermanyPosts: 16

I read somewhere, that double content (same samples, same presets) can cause crashes. You should try a sd card with the factory files. If this works fine, you can add your samples and presets.
    I had some crashes, but when I cleaned my folders and removed double files, it works way better.

edited March 2023

@Delay_Dude said:
    I read somewhere, that double content (same samples, same presets) can cause crashes. You should try a sd card with the factory files. If this works fine, you can add your samples and presets.
    I had some crashes, but when I cleaned my folders and removed double files, it works way better.

I don’t think I have any duplicate samples on my card but you’re right I should try with another card with the factory content only to check if it resolves the crashes

It seemed to have worked but by doing this I won’t be able to move all of my previous work over. I’m hoping that whatever is causing these issues is figured out and fixed. I seem to get crashes still even when not browsing files for instance shift+delete+kit was the most recent crash. I will have to start creating a list of actions that are leading to crashes. Right now my deluge is un-usable

Post edited by Prnts on
    SynthStudioSynthStudio Fort Collins, ColoradoPosts: 31

I'm on 4.1.3 and I just experienced a freeze when working with a long-ish sample.

In earlier 4.x releases, I was experiencing the (seemingly sample-related) freezes a LOT more often, but apparently 4.1.3 still has some sample-related issues.

Delay_DudeDelay_Dude GermanyPosts: 16

This is strange: Yesterday, my deluge crashed with four tracks - I saved every single change and it crashed, while it was playing.
    Today, I wanted to figure out, what causes the crash and I programmed 24 tracks with many multisamples and kits and without saving and nothing happend. It worked, as it should.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

I am glad I didn’t do the retro fit.

RajceRajce Moravia Bohemia OstrauPosts: 5
    edited April 2023

Hi, I have the same problems.
    SD card si blame
    new 128gb SD maybe formatted incorrectly. Deluge has half the power and freezes.
    back to Original 32gb SD, there are no problems.
    FW4.0.1

Post edited by Rajce on
    LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

I no longer have these problems but that's a good suggestion for trouble shooting for anyone that may in the future.

I too get freezes 5 out of 10 times maybe more. It seems my oled deluge just can’t handle the file structure. Hoping this issue is resolved soon as I haven’t really touched my deluge since dealing with the crashes after getting it back from the retrofit. It’s been months