Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Jumping to the end of a large sample folder

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

you can jump to the end of a sample folder by entering it with “select”. Then tap anywhere on the grid to evoke the keyboard. The letter you typed appears, which itself is irrelevant. Then scroll left with “select.

You are now at the end of the folder.

Sometimes it’s not working the first time. Even doing it again is much faster then scrolling through an endless list.

I have not seen this feature mentioned anywhere.

Post edited by jensg on

Comments

TsapioTsapio San RafaelBeta Tester Posts: 21

@jensg Not sure I follow. Could you post a video showing this? It's something I'd love to know how to do!!

Sure.

TsapioTsapio San RafaelBeta Tester Posts: 21

@jensg Yes! Dude this is great! Thank you!!

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

wow this is a really great workaround. i felt that some folders, like resamples, should wrap around, but this is the next best thing.

Wrapping around in sample folders would be the best and most logical solution, I agree. I mean it’s working for synth folders already.

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited November 2022

That workaround doesn't seem to work for the OLED deluge :'(

Post edited by Alter on

@Alter sometimes i need to do it twice to work. Don’t know what’s causing this. Maybe try again?

In the OLED version, it seems to be the following way.

1. Display the keyboard in the file browser.
    2. Press the Delete key (LFO1 or LFO2 pad).
    3. Turn the ◀▶ dial clockwise.

@alter oh wow, this is getting more intricate by the minute :-) maybe we stumbled upon some weird rabbit hole there.

Indeed :D

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
    edited November 2022

@jensg said:
    Sure.

Many thanks for this, and its great to hear the workaround has not fully gone with the OLED. After all, in some contexts you would rather start browsing at the end (Resample folder).

There are a bunch of very simple to implement dev improvements:

• shift+select to jump by 10s
    • enless list, getting to the first one after the last one and from the last one to the first one; a single click left with select knob and you are at your last recorded sample [as mentioned above]
    • the keyboard view of the button matrix has plenty of free real estate above the keyboard. The first two rows could be colour-grouped in 10s or even 100s, so the leftmost button would get you to sample 1, the next to the right to sample 101, etc. The colouring could distinguish the 1000s so if you wanted.
    • there could be -1000 -100 -10 +10 +100 +1000 buttons above the keyboard

Essentially, you don't want to be "winding up" the device too often as it limits your sample choices to the ones from the top and bottom of the list.

Post edited by TOTAL on

I have an update the method presented in the video works as long as the letter pressed is "higher" than R in this folder at least because all files start with R(ec).

@TOTAL said:
    I have an update the method presented in the video works as long as the letter pressed is "higher" than R in this folder at least because all files start with R(ec).

Oh this explains why it’s working!

One more thing. this is also how you can get instantly to the folders whose names you know. Say, you select to open a synth but want a sound you keep in folder "drones". Just type drones and press enter is the surest way. If no synths named drones in the synths folder, first letters may do as well.