›
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Round 2 for OLED deposits open, and timelines for Round 1 are up now

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

https://synthstrom.com/product/oled-retrofit-deposit/

also, sorry for the forums being all over the place lately, Our hosting issue is resolved and it should be all good now :)

Comments

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

Burning question that doesn't get answered: Do overlays need to be removed for OLED retrofit even if the adhesive is strong?

QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8

Does anyone know if more than one Deluge can be upgraded with the OLED (via the same shipment) to reduce shipping costs?

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Delighted to get in round one. Can't wait to get faster sample browsing, my dream! But Dear God I'm an impatient person.

@Phoebus1966 said:
    Burning question that doesn't get answered: Do overlays need to be removed for OLED retrofit even if the adhesive is strong?

I can't see overlays being an issue?

@Questor said:
    Does anyone know if more than one Deluge can be upgraded with the OLED (via the same shipment) to reduce shipping costs?

Yes. You just let us know when you're contacted that you have multiple.

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

I've been reading up on the options for the various countries/regions and it seems like as a Canadian I need to have saved the customs paperwork from back in 2018 when I received my Deluge originally--is that correct? I definitely don't have that. Anything I have left is digital (receipt for payment to DHL for duties, for example).

neddycgoonneddycgoon New ZealandPosts: 21

Brilliant that you guys are able to retrofit Im going to wait until the queue goes permanent then get the work done Im pretty happy with the Deluge as it is but its definitely an improvement I will purchase down the line.

@Bay_Mud said:
    I've been reading up on the options for the various countries/regions and it seems like as a Canadian I need to have saved the customs paperwork from back in 2018 when I received my Deluge originally--is that correct? I definitely don't have that. Anything I have left is digital (receipt for payment to DHL for duties, for example).

digital is all good :)

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

@Ian_Jorgensen said:

@Bay_Mud said:

digital is all good :)

Thanks. Trying not to bog you folks down with dumb questions. Ha. I'm in no rush at all, as I'm more interested in a potential refresh than a screen (still love the 7-seg). Also saw on Facebook that there may be the chance of a retrofit provider in Canada at some point? (happy to help coordinate/support that if you need anything, as I build/repair stuff too, but understand the complexity of the screen upgrade is pretty high. Feel free to drop me a message).

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I just ordered 2 of those new pins;) Wish I knew when I was going to have to shop my Deluge back, but I can wait, I suppose.

SemtxSemtx AustriaPosts: 9

Do i need a bill or something for my deluge ? I bought it 2nd hand snd only have the bill from the toll 🤔 btw still no confirmation email on my order in 2nd round

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

@Semtx said:
    Do i need a bill or something for my deluge ? I bought it 2nd hand snd only have the bill from the toll 🤔 btw still no confirmation email on my order in 2nd round

timing for rounds are all detailed on the page. for you its:
    Round 2: April 16, 2023 – June 16, 2023

Funny question - Are there separate user accounts for synthstrom.com and the forums? I've been trying to login to the retrofit add-ons section to check my spot in the timeline (I put in a deposit on the first round) but it won't accept my forum credentials. Ultimately just trying to check what my timeline is looking like.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

@verlaine unsure, but here is the timeline for all retrofit customers, detailed on the retrofit deposit page:

UK
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – Feb 1 – (End date has changed from mid Dec as Post office strikes have led to massive delays, we’re adapting our plan for the UK in reaction, retrofits are currently in process, but it will take longer)
    Round 2: Feb 1- 2023 – April 1, 2023

Europe
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – May 15, 2023 (period extended a little from April 15 as initially forecast)
    Round 2: May 16, 2023 – June 16, 2023

NZ / AUS
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – Feb 1, 2023
    Round 2: Feb 1, 2023 – April 1, 2023

USA / Rest of World
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – May 15, 2023
    Round 2: May 16, 2023 – July 16, 2023

ElTigreElTigre CanadaPosts: 1

Got an email about the Canada deposits, but when I try and check out on the website it says there's no shipping option available for my Canadian address

VondragonnogginVondragonnoggin California, USAPosts: 199

Ian - Is it possible to get new case with OLED and proper shortcuts? I bought my Deluge at v. 1.4 and ordered one overlay for new shortcuts, but wondered if I could get my whole unit refurbed with OLED and what that might cost.

@Vondragonnoggin said:
    Ian - Is it possible to get new case with OLED and proper shortcuts? I bought my Deluge at v. 1.4 and ordered one overlay for new shortcuts, but wondered if I could get my whole unit refurbed with OLED and what that might cost.

you'll be offered option of a replacement panel and other options when your time comes up :)

rensrens United KingdomPosts: 14

@Ian_Jorgensen what's the story with the UK? Round 1 (which I am in but am yet to hear) was extended to Feb 1 but I've heard nothing. I have had no problem sending and receiving parcels for the last month, FWIW. Are you still on hold or what?

BorisBoris FrancePosts: 7

Just got my Deluge back from retrofit. In love with the oled screen.
    This retrofit plan (instead of just releasing a v2) makes me an absolute fan of Synthstrom.
    Thanks ! <3

IofflightIofflight United StatesPosts: 4
    edited February 2023

How long after you send notice back via email about the retrofit do you receive a message about picking up the device? I got notice on Jan 21 and wasn't able to get proper boxes until early this week. I sent an email back with addy serial contact into on Monday. Thanks.

Post edited by Iofflight on
    BurtrudeBurtrude U.K. Posts: 18

Hi. How do I get on the list for the retrofit, please?
    I'm based in the United Kingdom.
    Thanks in advance!

scottmoonscottmoon Grass Valley, CA USABeta Tester Posts: 12

I paid for the upgrade back on September 15th and still haven't heard back when to send it in. I'm in the U.S. Did I miss my notification?

yamacilleryamaciller ViennaPosts: 27

Hi.
    I am also still waiting for any news. I paid the upgrade September 2022 but havent got anything except the 'received deposit' info.
    Would be delighted if someone can help on that.
    All the best.

synthriksynthrik Sweden Posts: 22

@scottmoon said:
    I paid for the upgrade back on September 15th and still haven't heard back when to send it in. I'm in the U.S. Did I miss my notification?

It might be the case. I paid the deposit too but got no confirmation. I eventually figured that it had to do with the email address I provided. Sometimes an outgoing email service (Synthstrom's in this case) isn't trusted by the receiving service which silently ignores messages coming from it.

I emailed Ian directly, using another email account (gmail) to ask about the status and it turned out that my assumption was correct. My gmail account would receive the messages alright but the other one wouldn't.

I'm not promoting gmail in any way, just providing it as an example that worked for me.

scottmoonscottmoon Grass Valley, CA USABeta Tester Posts: 12

@synthrik said:
    It might be the case. I paid the deposit too but got no confirmation. I eventually figured that it had to do with the email address I provided. Sometimes an outgoing email service (Synthstrom's in this case) isn't trusted by the receiving service which silently ignores messages coming from it.

I did contact Ian a couple months ago. He sounded tired of having to answer people that were waiting. That's understandable. It makes me feel better knowing others that ordered at the same time, are still waiting, I noticed this latest schedule that he posted. I guess I don't need to worry until the middle of May.
    USA / Rest of World
    Round 1: Nov 1, 2022 – May 15, 2023
    Round 2: May 16, 2023 – July 16, 2023

synthriksynthrik Sweden Posts: 22

@scottmoon said:
    I did contact Ian a couple months ago. He sounded tired of having to answer people that were waiting. That's understandable.

Good point. To anyone reading this thread, please don't don't flood Ian with messages just because you haven't heard from Synthstrom in a while. Look out for updates to the schedule and don't assume that you have been forgotten until the window for your round is closed. In my case no messages whatsoever came through from Synthstrom, not even the automatic order confirmation emails from placing orders on synthstrom.com.

yamacilleryamaciller ViennaPosts: 27

No flooding I swear :). I wait in happiness.
    Just wanted a sign of life, guess thats one.
    Thx.
    Werner

manysoundsmanysounds The GunksBeta Tester Posts: 43

Yes. Patiently waiting for my round 1 email.
    SA-82418 :)

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

My number is up now, so everyone else will get an email, sooner or later... :)

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52
    edited March 2023

Big problem here. My Deluge got stolen on its way to The Netherlands. I sent an email to Ian.

Post edited by Phoebus1966 on