Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Embedded .wav loop points not being recognized! SOLVED

n8bitn8bit NevadaPosts: 3
edited November 2022 in Deluge Help

Hello Deluge Help!
I have a 2019 deluge running the latest released firmware (just recently updated) and have noticed a behavior that has made it difficult/impossible to create sampler patches the way I "used to" create them on the deluge.

Little backstory -
My sample library is carefully created from samples extracted from real SNES games, where they go through various processing steps and one of which is having embedded loop points set. These points are directly pulled from the game data and are very accurate and the samples are very very small (due to SNES 64kb sample mem limitation) making finding accurate loop points a huge pain.
So the software I use automagically embeds the loop point data into the .wav file and I have previously created a hundred or so patches using these same formatted samples. I decided I wanted to refresh my sample library and add some additional "games" to my sound collection and I believe since updating to 4.0 the deluge no longer automatically detects these embedded loop points when loading samples. I know this previously worked and I can even attempt to create new patches using the same exact samples and it will not recognize said loop points!

This is a major bummer as I'm not able to build my new sample library on the deluge in the manner I have previously, and I'm not manually dialing in these loop points, especially when the device did it previously, so my music creation on the device is a little stalled and I really need some help!

Much appreciated!

Post edited by n8bit on

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

My Deluge firmware V4.1.2- OLED still recognizes loop points (set by FL-Edison and MPC software). Make sure the "smpl" chunk in the .wav file is set.

Hi Alter, thanks for the reply. Do you have any recommended tools for setting the smpl chunk? Mine is running 4.0.1 and is an old alpha display.

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

I recommend Edison in FL Studio or Wavosaur.

I found that Wavosaur loaded the samples "correctly" however, when I opened them in "Endless WAV" (which I highly recommend now for loop point editing in batch!) they did not have the "loop end" set properly. For most trackers and vintage sampler samples, there is no "loop end" persay, just the end of the sample, and will generally only need the loop point and automatically will loop to the end (milkytracker does this, as does protracker). However, the more accurate sampling engine of the Deluge of course allows for samples to have a trailing section after the end of the loop (for decay effects) so I had to reset all 250 samples end points but otherwise they are working and reading the loop points correctly!